What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gardening!

Bennettb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, Gardening is going to be even slower. I just broke two bones in my wrist. Guess I'll be reading in the weeds this summer.

Bobbi

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, Gardening is going to be even slower. I just broke two bones in my wrist. Guess I'll be reading in the weeds this summer.

Bobbi
Oh hell! Sorry to hear that Bobbi. Gardening is no fun with that sort of pain. But just think of the revenge you'll have upon those weeds once that wrist heals.:)
Andrew

Sent from Oz using Tapatalk Pro

mydave

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Bobbi

Much much sorry about your accident.
Ever since I read your post, I've been thinking about a recommendation which allows your pleasure in gardening with minimum effort and without risk. So far, my thoughts are :
Gardening is one of the greatest joys of all. It brings relaxation since our mind is worry free. It brings satisfaction seeing the fruits of our efforts. It helps to pass the times, as we can be at it for hours without knowing it.
But . . .
Everything has a price. Bugs, Japanese Beetles, Ants, Ticks, Weeds, Soil Breaking, Mulch, Fertilizer, Heat, Watering, Weather Protection, etc . . . are what we have to deal with, no matter how little or how much. At the moment, I can handle those by spending an hour or more every day. But in a few years to come, I am not sure. The mind may continue and want to, but the body would act otherwise. When we are no longer young or younger, we have to give up a lot of things to stay safe. Unfortunately, this hobby may be one of those.
So, it is best to stay safe and remember, we won't heal as fast as we used to.
Best to you and to those who are over the hill like you and me.:(

Some images for a little cheer up ;)
http://image.blingee.com/images19/content/output/000/000/000/7d3/790913432_1025552.gif
http://www.funslurp.com/images/over-the-hill-pecker.jpg

Bennettb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The Orinpet lilies are blooming. Life is good. If I can't garden I can at least look. Bobbi
image.jpg

Bennettb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I spelled it wrong sci-fi. It is spelled Orienpet and they are cross between Oriental lilies, trumpet Lilys and maybe something else. They are very tall. This is the first year they have really come into their own and I wish I had hundreds of them.

Bennettb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That will soon be lovely. I love the variegated Jacobs ladder. The flowers are so pretty in the spring and then you still have that nice foliage.

Bobbi

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Lovely photos everyone! I haven't had much time for my garden this Autumn/Winter. Never mind, it will live. Are you better now Bobbi?

Most reactions

Latest posts