What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Full Text RSS Feeds for Early Edition?

geneaber

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just downloaded Early Edition and really like the interface. However, most rss feeds only offer a snippet of the article.

What are the best news feeds that have full text? Preferably I would like some with pictures embedded as well.

Thanks.

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
I use Feeddler for my RSS feeds. I have about 30 feeds I keep track of and most have pictures or videos embedded. Feeddler has worked well for each one. As to the "full text," there are feeds who do not give the full text in RSS format, they want you to come to the site to get the full article. This is not uncommon. Feeddler allows full syncing with google reader accounts - which is pretty much a must anymore.

Flipboard is another really nice reader that has finally allowed google reader accounts to be added.

Feeddler has a free version and a pay version with no ads. I finally got the Pro version because I kept hitting the ads which jump up on the screen where the "Show More Feeds" button is.

Flipboard is free.

Both worth the price.

DaWeav

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Answer: River of News

I too hated snippets, so I had a jail-broken friend try out a lot of the RSS readers for me and we found River of News to be what I wanted so that's what I bought. It doesn't sync for offline reading, but it is a great interface for Google Reader since it scrolls through the 'entire' article and marks them as read.

Apple store River of News

River of News Homepage

Byron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use several RSS feed apps, but Early Edition is my favorite. You can view the full text by pressing "View Original" in top right corner, after that you can press at the top of the page and read the article directly from the website if you wish. This is what I like about this app. I don't want to read the full article of every RSS feed article. Of course if you do want to read every RSS feed in full, Early Edition is not the best app.

Most reactions

Latest posts