What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RSS feeds

emod

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

If I was to develop an app for the ipad containg some simple news features, can I use RSS feeds for free (eg Reuters)? I read they are for non-commercial use only, but what does it mean? Are there feeds for commercial use also?

Thanks!

yof

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They mean as in using them as news. Like towards blogging, radio talk, etc etc. But you can use it for personal use.

OP
E

emod

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They mean as in using them as news. Like towards blogging, radio talk, etc etc. But you can use it for personal use.

Hi, thanks

so when we would provide the content of the feeds in an app for users (personal use) it would not be a problem?
Even when the app will generate money through ads?

yof

iPF Noob
Reaction score
emod said:
Hi, thanks

so when we would provide the content of the feeds in an app for users (personal use) it would not be a problem?
Even when the app will generate money through ads?

It wouldnt be a problem if you provide feeds/rss for your viewers. Some rss apps generate money from ads but that only affects the developer of the app, not the person hosting their own rss.

Most reactions

Latest posts