What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Full size stylus

Sprank1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ten One Designs makes a full size stylus that works with the iPad called the Pogo Sketch.

I just ordered mine, so I can't really give you a review on it.

Pogo Sketch

They also make the smaller stylus for the iPad which will also work with the iPad.

I will follow up with a review once I get mine if anyone is interested.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will have to follow this thread since I am curious about a stylus myself.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Using a stylus will be difficult on the iPad because of the size of the screen. There's no way to lay one's hand down for support without tripping an action from the iPad. Of course there are tricks like those oil painting artists use such as putting an object across the screen where to lay one's hand...

dks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have also ordered 2 pogo sketches... & I am hoping they work.

Artist's use a fingerless soft glove to prevent the palm contact... easy solution...

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have also ordered 2 pogo sketches... & I am hoping they work.

Artist's use a fingerless soft glove to prevent the palm contact... easy solution...
I use a simple stick that I lay across the canvas to the right edge and that I hold with my left hand. On the iPad it could be a simple thin notebook. But you'd have to be careful to raise your grip on the stylus too.

GiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dagi

I've used both Pogo's...the small clip on for the iPhone and the "Sketch" version. I'm not a fan of either - but I think it is more a function of the capcitive touch technology than the stylus. There is another Japanese company that makes the "Dagi" stylus...looks to be better. I may order it and see for myself. I like the idea of putting something down to present unwanted entry...

OP
R

ritchdude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pogo sketch

Ten One Designs makes a full size stylus that works with the iPad called the Pogo Sketch.

Pogo Sketch

They also make the smaller stylus for the iPad which will also work with the iPad.

I have a pogo sketch,it is only about 4" long,I am looking for a stylus the same size as a regular pen.

Cross makes a very nice one,but it will not work with the iPad.

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using a Pogo Sketch for over a week now with my iPad.

It's nice and does work as it states and also as I have seen in YouTube videos.

The only thing I wished they had included with the stylus was a cap to protect the drawing tip. It is a soft material (same anti static material used to house IC's and Transistors when shipped).

I was so excited waiting for mine, that I couldn't wait any longer and made my own to test with. I used an old telescopic radio antenna and inserted in the open end some of that material (anti static) and it work quite well, but not as well as the actual Pogo Sketch.

I've done some line art as well as caricatures on the iPad since then using Sketchbook Pro.

Some of you will want that glove you heard about, it will certainly reduce the accidental taps and scrapes your palm will make.

Other than that, its an excellent drawing surface on the iPad and will induce a sort of glide effect to your drawings, as compared to paper that has the feel of drag and to some is easier for blending. But with the right practice the iPad makes a great drawing surface and blending just comes easier each time.
If you haven't used many electronic/computer aided drawing programs, its a steep learning curve other than your natural ability to compose, but the controls and tools in the software can be daunting at times to discover and learn to incorporate into your technique.
Again, this depends on the software and I find SketchBook Pro to be a nice addition to my iPad especially with the Pogo Sketch to go along with,
Now to just find an appropriate cap to protect the tip when not using it.
It does have a clip to use for a pocket or small bag, but the tip is still exposed and gathers lint and dust like you wouldn't believe.

I liked mine enough to order a few new replacements or spares.

dks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please let us know if you find a dagi stylus to order & how well it works.
I have looked for one... the only ones I can find are on EBay & it seems you have to order 3 at time from overseas.

Thanks for the tips with the pogo sketch, I will look for a substitute cap in my art supplies when my pogos eventually arrive.

OP
R

ritchdude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
new stylus

Pogo Sketch

I just got an e-mail from ten one ,they are working on a new stylus that will be a little larger than the pogo sketch.

do not know how long before it is going to br released

Mikeb41g

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have used the Pogo and the targus. Now using the 9 inch wand from stylus-r-us and it is great and exactly what you are looking for.

Try it. They give a money back guarantee

NOTE. I did not see Jack's long reply when I wrote this, but his "wand" is what I am using and everything he says ( and he admits to being long winded) is true. You really should try it. Btw I have the regular pen sized one too, but use the wand all the time

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts