What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front Camera on The New iPad !

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do u guys think that the Front Camera on the new iPad should have been beefed up aswell and should have been made better for Better Video Calling! It's the same as the iPad-2 if I am not wrong? 1.2 MP VGA Camera ?

Or is it better even right now ?

Last edited:

yupfive

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As I know is better which is 3 megapixel for front camera and 5 megapixel for back

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As its effectively a webcam and used for streaming communications, if they had beefed it up it would put more pressure on your bandwidth (for both ends of the comms) and we would end up with many complaints from people saying how their FaceTime/Skype is stuttering, etc.

I think that given its purpose it is fine.

The Archangel

Vertigo1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Exactly what Gabriel says - the limiting factor is the bandwidth required so, even if they'd increased the resolution, it'd just end up being scaled back down before transmission.

OP
A

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
But what mega pixels is it? Or does the mega pixel thing matter in the front camera?

Most reactions

Latest posts