What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Friendly for Facebook iPad App is Now Free

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

Oecoway’s Friendly for Facebook app is now available for free in the App Store, and is sitting pretty at the top of the Free iPad Apps chart as a result. The popular app makes full use of the iPad’s interface, providing a deeper, more feature-rich Facebook browsing experience on iPad, and is doing a great job of filling the gap left open by the lack of an official Facebook app for the iPad.

Friendly for Facebook is optimised for touch-screen devices rather than PCs, enabling you to enjoy a much richer, native experience when using it on your iPad, with enhanced presentation of text, photos and display, without the need to pinch and zoom on a mobile app that hasn't been optimised for the iPad. Here are some of Friendly for Facebook’s key features that are not available in the web version of Facebook:

• Optimize Facebook interface for iPad
  • Check friends' latest photos, videos and status updates
  • Upload or download photos
  • Chat with online friends
  • Swipe through photos and play slideshows in full screen
  • Customize colors and font sizes
  • Multi-account support provides easy switching between all family accounts
  • Optional PIN code access provides secure and fast access to Facebook

Click here to download the free app: Friendly for Facebook :) for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Source: Oecoway

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've bn using that since September , quality app.

Has had some bugs, but the developers constantly sort the, out.

Almost near perfect now!

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This last update has made the login sooooo slow! Really a bit annoyed when the real web page works better than the app!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Even though I downloaded this app, I was asking myself the same thing since I still use the actual website for Facebook.

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I normally launch the app, go into the full Facebook and use it from there, because the chat icon stays with you, thus letting you use the full Facebook with friendly chat.

Shel Dannie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The wildly popular application is taking advantage of the iPad interface, enabling the more than 7 million iPad owners to enjoy browsing on Facebook with a deeper more feature-rich experience. The application is filling the gap left open by the lack of an official Facebook application for Apple’s runaway hit mobile device, the iPad. The free app is ad supported and can be downloaded immediately here: Since Friendly for Facebook is optimized for devices that are driven by a touch interface, not a mouse device optimized for a PC, users can enjoy a much richer, native experience that the iPad delivers. With Friendly for Facebook, users can immediately enjoy the enhanced presentation of the text, photos and display, without the need to pinch and zoom on a mobile app that has not optimized for the iPad and provides limited displays and a marginal user experience.

Dream

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ive been using this app for a week now and it seems to be missing certain posts. I compare it to the app for iPhone and the web, and its ALWAYS missing random posts. Had to uninstall :(

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ive been using this app for a week now and it seems to be missing certain posts. I compare it to the app for iPhone and the web, and its ALWAYS missing random posts. Had to uninstall :(

It's been missing game feeds, but that's a good thing in my opinion.

Dfintarly better than iPhone app for sure though

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I think they are trying to compete with Facepad, it's a free, it's like the twitter app for iPad but facebook. It's ok but it brand new so it is not a functional as friendly, but friendly has been out longer, so expected, now they have competition.

They are both interesting I choose friendly over facepad. But like stated the website is still faster and. They both already utilize the touch.facebook.com for the core of their apps.

I bought friendly def worth the money! But free is always better!

Most reactions

Latest posts