What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

French-English popup dictionary in ebooks

Bababardwan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. Just got new iPad and was hoping to read French ebooks on the iPad with the help of a popup translator. iBooks seems to have a popup dictionary for English only. Kindle app for iPad has a French dictionary ( which would suit someone more advanced in French ) but not a French-English dictionary. Read the world browser app's popup doesn't work with kindle cloud reader. Couldn't get anything happening in google play books and it doesn't seem to have much of a selection. Any help much appreciated.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been looking for such a thing. The question has been asked on the French language sub forum so if I ever find one I'll post the answer there in both languages.

What I'm looking for is the ability to get a definition in French of a French word, which is not exactly what you are looking for, but stay tuned. If I find anything, thats where it will be.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

OP
B

Bababardwan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kindle ipad app has that.

Also....sorry but noob question...is there a way of getting email notification if there are replies on this thread?

Last edited:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes. You should automatically get notifications as you are subscribed to the thread.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Still no sign of a French English pop up dictionary for ebooks on ipad?

Not as far as I'm aware, but as a workaround, you could use Google Translate to copy the word and get the translation.

I've just discovered that attempting to define a word in a French book will download a French dictionary, but it's not what you are looking for. It gives the definition in French.

Most reactions

Latest posts