What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free Trial Versions in App Store

Should Apple continue to prohibit free trials in the App Store?

• Yes

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • No

Votes: 44 83.0%

• Total voters

Proteus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Mark,
I landed here because I saw the phrase "free trial version available" on the Ascendo website with regard to DataVault for iPad. In trying to to get said version, I inadvertently bought the app... Which would be fine, except I wanted to know for certain if the app had an "Identities" feature (to use a RoboForm term) before I bought it. It seems that the answer to that is "No." Is it possible to get a refund if I decide that I can't life with no Identity feature to fill personal data into web form more involved than a simple userID & password?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I understand that you can ask for a refund. No guarantees, but worth a shot, yeah?

So, using iTunes, try these steps (disclaimer: I've never tried to get a refund, so I don't know if this works):

1) Login to iTunes with your Apple ID and then go to the iTunes Store

2) Select "Account" (top right of menu)

3) Click on "Purchase History"

4) Under "Previous Purchases," click on the grey arrow to the left of the purchase you just made and for which you want a refund

5) You'll end up on a detail page, click the "Report a Problem" button

6) Then click the "Report a Problem" link that appears next to the item you want

7) You’ll be taken to a Report a Problem page, where you can select "I inadvertently purchased this application" and (optionally) input some comments

8) Click Submit.

My understanding is that a Customer Service rep from Apple will be in touch with you after that...

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Marilyn

Proteus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow! Thank you for the great, detailed suggestion. I will certainly give it a try if need be. I'm still evaluating the app and it might just work fine for me... which would be preferable to forking over $20/year to the greedy RoboFormians.

Most reactions

Latest posts