What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

(free?) App to manage iPad tasks / running apps?

MachThree

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone know of an app, preferably free, that does a good job showing running apps and the resources they're using (especially CPU usage) so that you can identify any run-away app and terminate it as needed?

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not needed on iOS. You may be thinking of thinking of Android.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone know of an app, preferably free, that does a good job showing running apps and the resources they're using (especially CPU usage) so that you can identify any run-away app and terminate it as needed?

:confused:

It is an iPAD.
Only one application at one time.
No Multitasking in iPAD, so there is no need.

But you know...
Maybe there is something out there

nhbeast

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If he has 4.2 there is indeed multi-tasking. Double-press the home button to see open apps.

That being said, 'running' apps are 'suspended' when not in use, so their CPU usage, etc. would be extremely minimal-if any at all.

Mike_73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you jailbreak your iPad you can have a memory indicator in the top bar, showing how much available memory your iPad has for running apps.
Mine ranges between 28 and 145 MB depending on how many apps are still lingering in the background.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd love that opportunity in a non JB iPad. However, I have not encountered any instability on iPad or for that matter, iPhone and when I look, it seems like every other app is running in the background, but I see no problems at all.

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I consistently have problems with the Netflix app if I have too many applications backgrounded or whatever state they are in. Once I close out all of the minimized apps the Netflix app will then run, so I agree that a utility to quickly shut down all other apps would be nice to have.

Most reactions

Latest posts