What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forward iphone4 calls and texts to laptop

servantman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi you all. I use voice recognition software on laptops with headphones - but I now miss live calls, calendar alarms and texts to iPhone 4 - how do I forward and alert with sound to the headphones so I can answer then phone or respond to texts ? Many thx.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
You could use google voice.I use google voice and my texts can all be seen on the google voice page, i can also reply or send new text messages from the website. All voicemails also can be seen on the website and listened to.

Only down side with google voice is that it doesn't support MMS, so no picture messages.

OP
S

servantman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thx! How do u use google voice specifically to set up? Do u need to keep gmail open? Etc

Sent from my iPad using iPF

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
google.com/voice

with google voice you will get your own separate phone number for your google voice account. I went ahead and payed the $20 to port my actual cellphone number over to google voice. This is great because everyone still has my same cellphone number but I get to choose what phones ring when they call the number. For example I could have my home and cell ring when ever someone calls and whichever I pick up will connect the caller.

Most reactions