What's new
Apple iPad Forum šŸŽ

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forcing screen rotation

MarioAG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I have apps that I like however it appears that some apps donā€™t want to rotate. (landscape to portrait)
Iā€™m. using an Ipad Pro 2018 on the ā€˜MAGICā€™ keyboard case and when I load my app it displays in landscape mode.
To use my app i have to either remove the ipad from itā€™s case and risk scratching the back of it or turn the case up on itā€™s side just so I can use the app in portrait. I know about the screen lock/unlock in settings but it appears that an app will rotate only if that function is built into it!
In short, is it possible to force portrait mode in an app if rotation is not built in?
Any solution??

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, I have apps that I like however it appears that some apps donā€™t want to rotate. (landscape to portrait)
Iā€™m. using an Ipad Pro 2018 on the ā€˜MAGICā€™ keyboard case and when I load my app it displays in landscape mode.
To use my app i have to either remove the ipad from itā€™s case and risk scratching the back of it or turn the case up on itā€™s side just so I can use the app in portrait. I know about the screen lock/unlock in settings but it appears that an app will rotate only if that function is built into it!
In short, is it possible to force portrait mode in an app if rotation is not built in?
Any solution??
Iā€™m afraid that if the app developer has not enabled the ability to use screen rotation into his app there is no way to force it. In addition, the graphics in an app without screen rotation would not support the other screen aspect ratio.

OP
M

MarioAG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Iā€™m afraid that if the app developer has not enabled the ability to use screen rotation into his app there is no way to force it. In addition, the graphics in an app without screen rotation would not support the other screen aspect ratio.

Thank you for the reply, however since posting I found a youtube video on this topic and it appears that I can download an app which will force screen rotation for an app which does not support that function. Iā€™ll have to go back and find it (forgot what it was called). On rotation it may or may not support aspect ratio but thatā€™s not of any real concern.
Thank you Scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply, however since posting I found a youtube video on this topic and it appears that I can download an app which will force screen rotation for an app which does not support that function. Iā€™ll have to go back and find it (forgot what it was called). On rotation it may or may not support aspect ratio but thatā€™s not of any real concern.
Thank you Scifan57
Youā€™d have to have a jailbroken iPhone to download and use such an app as Apple sandboxing rules would not allow apps to interact with each other in such a manner.

Most reactions