What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Food anyone?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the UK, Holland and Barrett sell dried fruit, whole foods etc.

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Do they have locations in London? If so, I will look next time I'm there.

Trader Joe's has a good selection in the U.S. When my family comes from Hong Kong or China, they buy a suitcaseful. And when I visit, I bring a suitcaseful, lol. Trader Joe's also has good dried plantain chips, when you can find them in stock.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
MoonlitSonata said:
Very slow. Since I have Spina Bifida, exercise is difficult even though I am able to walk unassisted unlike most who are, at worst, wheel-chair bound. The problem lies in my entire right side; hip, thigh and ankle. All are weak and suffer from being shorter than the left side.

I'm sorry to hear this, MoonlitSonata. Reading between the lines, it looks like you have good care and help. Do you find that a positive frame of mind is of benefit?

One of the things I like about the iPad Forums is that we all communicate on equal terms - share opinions, and try to fathom out or different cultures and senses of humour. The community holds so many hidden and great benefits. :)

BTW, the Paralympians are proving to the world that they are superheroes, and that anyone can achieve things in life and be proud in getting there - and rightly so.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
Do they have locations in London? If so, I will look next time I'm there.

Trader Joe's has a good selection in the U.S. When my family comes from Hong Kong or China, they buy a suitcaseful. And when I visit, I bring a suitcaseful, lol. Trader Joe's also has good dried plantain chips, when you can find them in stock.

Yes, they certainly do. It looks very much as if our respective outlets sell similar / identical products. :)

We enjoy the bags of mixed dried fruit - banana slices, raisins nuts, pineapple and small white soft cubes (could be pear). The cereals are good. I used to take a concentrated cod liver oil capsule daily when working - to fight off colds otherwise caught during the daily commute. Since I have retired, I have stopped the capsules and don't catch colds so often.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, they certainly do. It looks very much as if our respective outlets sell similar / identical products. :)

We enjoy the bags of mixed dried fruit - banana slices, raisins nuts, pineapple and small white soft cubes (could be pear). The cereals are good. I used to take a concentrated cod liver oil capsule daily when working - to fight off colds otherwise caught during the daily commute. Since I have retired, I have stopped the capsules and don't catch colds so often.

I didn't know cod liver oil was good for fending off colds. I've taken the capsules before, but I don't like how they revisit you when you burp, lol.

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Richard Brown said:
I'm sorry to hear this, MoonlitSonata. Reading between the lines, it looks like you have good care and help. Do you find that a positive frame of mind is of benefit?

One of the things I like about the iPad Forums is that we all communicate on equal terms - share opinions, and try to fathom out or different cultures and senses of humour. The community holds so many hidden and great benefits. :)

BTW, the Paralympians are proving to the world that they are superheroes, and that anyone can achieve things in life and be proud in getting there - and rightly so.

Well, a negative frame of mind never helped anyone now did it? ;) in all seriousness, my "disability" is really of no issue or consequence in every day life. I'm nearly 30, i'm completely independent despite still living at home; i drive and attend college (I classify myself as a "forever student" as my goal is a Masters of Fine Arts in Creative Writing and I really have no passion or drive for working a job, but I enjoy school tremendously), as well as a local writer's group every other week. 10 times out of 10, I have to actually mention the fact that that I have Spina Bifida as it has that small of an impact visually to those who are none the wiser. Only a slight limp, due to my previously mentioned issue is any kind of hint.

mollysmom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Moonlit, I love school too! I would keep going but it's too expensive. :-(. I would have loved to get a doctorate. Maybe in my next life. Lol

Sent from my iPad using iPF

mollysmom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Richard Brown said:

You know Richard, you are absolutely right. How is it possible to care about a group of people that I've never met? Yet, I do. The beauty of this forum. Oh and I better mention food. Lol. I love dried fruit--ESP cranberries, papaya, and guava.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
O.k. Guys dinner for the guests tonight as follows
Stuffed Italian mussels on the half shell
With garlic,tomato and dried oregano
Main course is pasta a fresh seafood marinara mix of squid,poulet ,prawns and white wine.
Anchovies breadcrumbs.
Garlic bread and a garden salad
Lemoncello granita for dessert.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
We enjoyed lunch "on the hoof" at Borough Market today.

Iced mint tea at one stall.

Lincolnshire sausage hot dog with onions at the next.

Blueberry cheesecake at the next.

Then - A bag of mixed Turkish Delight to take home.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We enjoyed lunch "on the hoof" at Borough Market today.

Iced mint tea at one stall.

Lincolnshire sausage hot dog with onions at the next.

Blueberry cheesecake at the next.

Then - A bag of mixed Turkish Delight to take home.

Love Borough Market. I love that kind of grazing -- lots of choices, some totally different, but usually high quality.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
Love Borough Market. I love that kind of grazing -- lots of choices, some totally different, but usually high quality.

We searched for the cooked wild boar stall, but no luck :(. However it was a good excuse to scour the market :)

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
I'm strangely drawn to these, like I might be drawn to rubber-necking an accident scene on the side of the road:

Holy Crap They Put Candy Corn in Oreos

I would be drawn to them too....love candied corn.....we have Lolly Gobble Bliss Bombs here which I just love.

Sadly we probably won't get this flavor here.....just not fair!!

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Get scifan to email you some. He's good at that, and we'll probably get them in Canada.

I'm going to miss Halloween this year. It's on Wednesday, so I'd have to take a week off to take the sawn-off savages out for one night. Someone else's turn this year, I'm afraid.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know what the heck Lolly Gobble Bliss Bombs are, but I'm liking them just by the sound of them.

Most reactions

Latest posts