What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Folders? Folders? Folders? Help Please

jerliz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am very pleased with the general concept of the iPad. All my photos where I can immediately display them to family and friends. Wow!

The folder concept is another matter however, and, is most frustrating!! Or should I speak of the lack of a workable folder concept?

Both iFiles and GoodReader (And other Apps) boast of the ability to transfer files from one folder to another, once on the device. I have yet to find a single app that is straight forward enough in helping me to put various files (PDF, etc) of the same sort in a folder together.

That's why I purchased iFiles ... it was advertised and loudly touted to have this control or ability. Some one prove me wrong!!! Someone please point me to an app that allows me to easily put History docs in a History folder and Math docs in a Math folder.

I posted a similar question earlier and was assured that with so many teachers and students on the forum there would be all sorts of persons who would jump right in with the solution. Not yet .......

Someone, please help!

Jerry

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd suggest DocsToGo for that. It also allows you to access the files and documents of your host computer and better to sync. as you bring changes to them... All that and file control.

matt_90036

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can easily put history docs in history folder via the goodreader. It has also file managing system. At the same time you can synch it with googledocss or drop box.
I am a dedicated windows user and I feel your pain.
It is one of the downsides of apple. They sometimes try to make things so simple that they end up making them more complicated.

OP
J

jerliz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went to the docstogo site and read most if not all of the reviews .... many, many were pretty negative. At this time I hesitate to spend such an above average price for an app that has such a negative amount of reviews.
Jer

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am very pleased with the general concept of the iPad. All my photos where I can immediately display them to family and friends. Wow!

The folder concept is another matter however, and, is most frustrating!! Or should I speak of the lack of a workable folder concept?

Both iFiles and GoodReader (And other Apps) boast of the ability to transfer files from one folder to another, once on the device. I have yet to find a single app that is straight forward enough in helping me to put various files (PDF, etc) of the same sort in a folder together.

That's why I purchased iFiles ... it was advertised and loudly touted to have this control or ability. Some one prove me wrong!!! Someone please point me to an app that allows me to easily put History docs in a History folder and Math docs in a Math folder.

I posted a similar question earlier and was assured that with so many teachers and students on the forum there would be all sorts of persons who would jump right in with the solution. Not yet .......

Someone, please help!

Jerry

iFile does that just fine...it works exactly like a file explorer on mac or windows.

OP
J

jerliz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK! I decided to go for it and I must say at this point I am impressed with docstogo, notwithstanding the negative comments I read in reviews. It does what I needed ... sort of a file manager where I can see exactly where things are. I as of yet have never had it choke or hick-up when trying to open a file. Thanks guys for pointing me in this direction!

Jerry

Most reactions

Latest posts