What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flipboard, Pulse or Other?

quadtronix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey all,

Was wondering what News app you all recommend... I like to read about technology and need a good app that keeps up with the latest tech news in an easy to use format that I can configure to only give tech news... I've used Pulse and Flipboard and I liked them but only want one and can't decide which to use. are there any reasons why one is better than the other? Thanks in advance.

OP
quadtronix

quadtronix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I only use Flipboard. I'll have to check out Pulse sometime, first time I've heard of it.

Yeah... Pulse is awesome. I had only used it on Android devices but just decided to go ahead and download it for my mini a little while ago. It's great, it can be customized to your favorite subjects for the latest news and it's free. I signed up for 12 sites to feed info from including Engadget, MIT Technology Review, the Verge and more... I kind of prefer it to Flipboard because if I remember correctly from when I had Flipboard on the original iPad, it was unable to categorize by the sites... I could be wrong and that may have changed but I just decided to go with Pulse. At least for now. So far it's working great...

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I second Zite. The original Zite was amazing, then they really messed it up with Zite 2.0 but they received so many complaints they changed it again for the better. In my opinion the original Zite was the best but the new one is still the best news app for tech.

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I prefer Pulse myself. Easy to add and read articles, and has web and Windows 8 App available as well.

unkleteddybear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used to use Pulse on Android. But now that I am on iOS I have switched to Flipboard. Even though they are the same app I found Pulse to work better on Android. Just my 2 cents. Loving Flipboard now!

Most reactions