What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flipboard iPad App Gets Cover Stories With New Update

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Flipboard_update_March_2012.JPG

Flipboard announced today that its iPad app has received a major update, which includes the addition of the popular Cover Stories feature that was introduced for iPhone and iPod touch back in December. Cover Stories gives the reader one place where they can quickly catch up on some of the most interesting stories, posts and photos from everything that they have connected to their Flipboard. Cover Stories shows up as a new “double tile” on Flipboard’s first page, and learns what you like from your interactions with news, posts and photos shared by friends and sources. Over time, Cover Stories on Flipboard will become increasing relevant to the individual user, giving you one place to catch up on all your social news.

For the iPad version of Flipboard, the app’s design and editorial team has applied the feel and flow of a magazine to real-time social media content. Here’s a list of the update’s many new features, courtesy of Flipboard:

• A third page in the Flipboard Table of Contents gives readers more tiles, now with a total of 32 tiles, to quickly dive into favorite Flipboard sections.
  • New first launch experience on Flipboard for iPad during which a reader can pick topics of interest to get started -- from Tech to Travel. This set-up now mirrors the new user process from Flipboard for iPhone.
  • In addition to having whole Google Reader feed, now it's possible to add a specific Google Reader folder as a Flipboard tile.
  • A simple way to get international content with recommended regional reading - the first eight countries now accessible in settings. More on this below.

[FONT=&amp]Click here to download the free app: Flipboard for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPad on the iTunes App Store[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Source: Flipboard[/FONT]

jessbarney777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Flipboard Censorship

I've been following the news about Flipboard's International version for China with great interest. Have you ever seen the the edition used in China? I do wonder what Flipboard would look like without the social networking content. I always thought that social networking content in magazine format was at least a portion of the point of Flipboard's existence.

ChristianaR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LOVE Flipboard. Great that the new version improves the iPad experience, and it's great that we now have three pages instead of two. They've added more Flipboard-curated options too. Loving.

I've also discovered SkyGrid. Similar concept. But I don't think I'll ever leave F.

Most reactions