Flipboard is a social-network aggregation, magazine-format mobile app which collects content from social media and other websites, presenting it in magazine format. Released back in 2010, the app is used daily by millions of iPad and iPhone users all over the world. And now it has seen an important update being rolled out.
The third version of Flipboard offers topic tags that create a highly personalized experience and there's also a new morning news magazine called The Daily Edition along with a fresh new phone design that quickly brings the stories that are important. Here's a rundown of the new features that it brings:
- Choose from over 30,000 topics to follow. Each topic is powered by the best stories across publishers, websites and the 10+ million magazines made on Flipboard.
- Explore topics through search or by tapping on topic tags at the bottom left of articles.
- Start your day with The Daily Edition, featuring articles selected by our team, ready at 7 a.m. every day.
- Follow people to stay up-to-date on everything they're collecting into their magazines.
- Enjoy an overall design refresh, including full-bleed magazine covers, new typography, and more prominent comment displays and attribution.