What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flash/Thumb drive that actually WORKS on ipads?

Danijoh69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know of ANY flash/thumb drive that works with iPads & does NOT get "...uses to much power" error message? I had an iPad 3 & tried several brands/capacity flash drives, got above message on every one. Just bought new iPad Air & would really like to find one that WILL work. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Does anyone know of ANY flash/thumb drive that works with iPads & does NOT get "...uses to much power" error message? I had an iPad 3 & tried several brands/capacity flash drives, got above message on every one. Just bought new iPad Air & would really like to find one that WILL work. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Hi Danijoh.. - I agree w/ Col.bris, i.e. standard USB flash drives do not work on the iPad - keep in mind that the iOS is an 'app-centric' operating system and not one that is 'file-centric' like Windows, so the 'functionality' of Windows Explorer does on exist on this device (now I used PCs for over 25 yrs before transitioning back to Apple - so just a different method that one needs to become adjusted).

Now check out the links provided because the approach to transferring files, such as music & movies, on the iPad for 'off-device' storage has centered on the use of Wi-Fi and other wireless technology. A number of these Wi-Fi drives are now on the market; you may also want to check these options HERE on Amazon, such as the AirStash & Kingston Mobile - I'm sure that one of these increasingly available wireless choices will serve your needs; and please post back your experience - will help others. Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts