What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flash Browser appeared for iPad and was killed in last 24 hours

Did you get Cloud Browse befoe it disappeared

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • This is hte first I have heard about Cloud Browse

Votes: 20 62.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score

from App Advice by Kiet Chieng
Cloud-BrowseLarge-300x300.png
While all of the love in the third party browser world has been going to Opera’s Mini browser, another free browser in the app store is helping to solve a dilemma plaguing all of us using an iDevice. Developer AlwaysOn Technologies has managed to do the unthinkable: bring Flash to the browsing experience on the iPhone OS with Cloud Browse.​
Cloud Browse is a clever app that employs the use of remotely streaming a desktop browser to your device. This remote computer is fully flash and java enabled allowing you the access and opportunity to view the web like you would on your desktop computer. You have full multitouch pinch capabilities to zoom in and out of sites as well as flick scrolling as you would with mobile Safari. The only difference is you now have that coveted access to flash enabled sites to view animation and play games.​
Mobile-Photo-Apr-15-2010-11-04-35-AM1-e1271354986992.jpg

Mobile-Photo-Apr-15-2010-11-04-27-AM.jpg
Mobile-Photo-Apr-15-2010-11-07-04-AM.jpg
While the idea of being able to browse the complete web is pretty cool, the experience may prove to be a little frustrating. The app has gained in popularity due to its unique functions and as a result, accessing Cloud Browse’s browser may result in many timed out connections. During my time with the app, I had to restart the app several times on many occasions to finally connect. The developer’s site does acknowledge the issues that users may be experiencing and indicate they are working on it.​
The other issue is Apple. How long before Cupertino yanks this access after the very public spat with allowing flash on its device? Either way, you can see for yourself how well the app works. It’s currently residing on the App Store completely free to download. Give it a whirl and see what browsing the full web is like on your iPhone.

Last edited:

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now that doesnt make any sense...this seems like its the same concept as air video.

This goes beyond flash being bad for performance...this is just denying the use of flash.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would have really liked this app. Started downloading app's now before I get my 3G because of this. I'm curious though, what happens to the people who downloaded the app already? Does Apple disable it somehow or are they just the lucky ones?

Ghuda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
+1 on Eldex's post, are these people using the original download?

Which brings up another question: Can you share APPs outside of your ITunes share? My wife and I share the apps and I think its up to 5 devices or something, but what about physically moving the APP from your Mac to another device? Is this possible? or am I still thinking to much from my left (PC) brain?

Takenover83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I still have Retr O Sketch, which was removed. It is no longer available in the App Store. It still is on my iPad and in my App library, in itunes. I am guessing the people who snagged it, will have it as long as they do not delete it.

Phantom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.branwenconcepts.com
This Is From The Cloud Browser Website

AlwaysOn Technologies Support
Cloud Browse FAQ:
Why isn’t Cloud Browse in the App Store?

We have voluntarily pulled the app from the store due to finding a bug that prevents keyboard from being used. We have fixed the problem and a new update will be coming soon!

How long will this service be offered for free?

We will offer a free Cloud Browse service for the foreseeable future. We will be rolling out a pay subscription system in the future which will offer better service but the free service still be available to everyone.

Cloud Browse crashes after connecting

We have tracked down the issue and should be fixed in the next update of Cloud Browse. You can avoid the crash by emptying out your clipboard on the iPhone.

Cloud Browse takes too long to connect

Due to large number of users signing up and using our services, sometimes our datacenter will not be able to handle your connection request. The current client will continue to try and connect without telling the user that the service is full, this will be added in the next update of Cloud Browse client.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AlwaysOn Technologies Support
Cloud Browse FAQ:
Why isn’t Cloud Browse in the App Store?

We have voluntarily pulled the app from the store due to finding a bug that prevents keyboard from being used. We have fixed the problem and a new update will be coming soon!

How long will this service be offered for free?

We will offer a free Cloud Browse service for the foreseeable future. We will be rolling out a pay subscription system in the future which will offer better service but the free service still be available to everyone.

Cloud Browse crashes after connecting

We have tracked down the issue and should be fixed in the next update of Cloud Browse. You can avoid the crash by emptying out your clipboard on the iPhone.

Cloud Browse takes too long to connect

Due to large number of users signing up and using our services, sometimes our datacenter will not be able to handle your connection request. The current client will continue to try and connect without telling the user that the service is full, this will be added in the next update of Cloud Browse client.

Well that's nice to see that it was the dev that pulled it.

Like I said it's the same as air video...if it made it to the app store it is more than likely ok with apple.

I was getting worried that it was part of the silly rivalry.

Most reactions

Latest posts