What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Five days with the iPad

Lifet1me

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I stopped watching at 7:00

Ur a total noob to the IPad, sry, but

1. the 2 Adapters are a CAMERA CONNECTION KIT, u just said it and 20 seconds later u connected a MOBILE PHONE to the CAMERA CONNECTION KIT

How the hell do you fuel up your car? RIGHT with FUEL, not with tomato ketchup.

2. IPads video-format weas EVER mp4

3. the Apple bluetooth major only works with headset and keyboard and i know this for over a year.

Dude, serious learn the core about itunes and apple iOS.

Watching how you wonder in that video tells me what a big iOS noob u are.

OP
H

hoshnasi

iPF Noob
Reaction score

1. the 2 Adapters are a CAMERA CONNECTION KIT, u just said it and 20 seconds later u connected a MOBILE PHONE to the CAMERA CONNECTION KIT

3. the Apple bluetooth major only works with headset and keyboard and i know this for over a year.

Are you seriously this aggressive?

Thanks for turning off the video, I wouldn't want you to have an aneurysm.

Lifet1me

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Maybe i get this agressive smacking my hand so much times to my face watching your video, thinking "omg what a noob!"

All the critics u told in your video about what the ipad can connect to and not (in the first 7 minutes) are well known among most users.

Ok, lets be freindly, hints for you:

- The way to transfer videos with the ipad is made by 1. itunes 2. apps you got remotely on a pc/mac 3. e-mail yourself

- Get a converter which can convert videos to mp4, i converted alot DvD Movies to mp4 to gett them on the IPad

- If you wanna print, get eprint and a wireless printer.

I can do nearly everything with the IPad as i can do with my Notebook, alot things need special treadment, thats true, but its not impossible, its not that you cannot do it, u just gonna make yourself smart, and not post a 20:00 minute Video showing how few you really know, u just embaress yourself

ratatapa

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Sorry but if you arn't rdy to accept critism, then don't open yourself with a weak video like that

Thank you come again!

OP
H

hoshnasi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
...All the critics u told in your video about what the ipad can connect to and not (in the first 7 minutes) are well known among most users.

Ok, lets be freindly, hints for you:

- The way to transfer videos with the ipad is made by 1. itunes 2. apps you got remotely on a pc/mac 3. e-mail yourself

- Get a converter which can convert videos to mp4, i converted alot DvD Movies to mp4 to gett them on the IPad

- If you wanna print, get eprint and a wireless printer.

I can do nearly everything with the IPad as i can do with my Notebook, alot things need special treadment, thats true, but its not impossible, its not that you cannot do it, u just gonna make yourself smart, and not post a 20:00 minute Video showing how few you really know, u just embaress yourself

Ok, lets take a stroll through logic lane as we cover your
criticisms.

Re-reviewing an older prepherial on the new iPad 2 is completely valid. Further, my phone is a camera so expecting it to connect is also logical (which it does, but for pictures only). Also, if you did not know there are different versions of the camera connection kit which treat some devices differently. Again, nothing wrong with checking.

1. The iPad has been refereed to time and time again by Steve Jobs as a "Post PC" device, syncing it to iTunes for movies I make ON THE GO is not logical. Expecting a portable device to sync with things without being connected to the mothership is something we should want. Defending inadequacies of a product is something for fan boys (I'm talking to you Lifet1me) to do.
  2. "Get a converter" - See Above, remember "Post PC"
  3. I didn't say anything about printing, nor do I care much for it. Others might though
I don't feel I am embarrassing myself at all by pointing out lacking features of the iPad. You will notice that not once during my video did I say the iPad was not a wonderful device. My issues are that for my use, which is a portable "Post-PC" device syncing video with a non Apple Phone or those created on the iPad is not fully fleshed out.

For further discussion on what my video summarizes check out the post on the forum related to iMovie and syncing videos.

Futurebird

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I've noticed a lot of people in tech forums will be really nasty about giving feedback and comments. He had some valid points, but the name calling made the whole thing seem like a desperate attempt to inflate his ego.

I really hate that kind of dick waving.

Lifet1me

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hellloooooooooo....

wake up, do you know what apple wants?

They dont want that you can connect your ipad with anything you want, their idea is to keep their iOS clean, that means that they dont want the IPad to whore with any open sourced phone or whatever.

As for me, i really really wished and still wish that the IPad of the furute is a stand alone with every option to knock out a lower notebook, thats what i want.

But i go with things how they are, not things i wish for.

I included the printing thing to sort out before you ask about it, just that.

Im not a fanboy, i got a Win7 PC, and no Mac, no Apple TV, no Apple stuff, just an IPhone 3GS and soon, i hope the IPad 2, had the IPad 1 and sold it for a android tab, which i also sold after a few weeks, found out that android is horrible, ehatever i dont count myself as a fanboy, but someone who knows the stuff and choses the very best not the 2. best, and the best is apples tablet, hands down.

Lifet1me

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I've noticed a lot of people in tech forums will be really nasty about giving feedback and comments. He had some valid points, but the name calling made the whole thing seem like a desperate attempt to inflate his ego.

I really hate that kind of dick waving.

I dont care what people think abouit my ego,

its just there 1000000s of threads were people complaion about what the IPAd cannot do, its such an old story 20 times told, people who buy an second generation ipad and making a 20 minute video where they complain about what the ipad 2 can not do are to lazy to google for the stuff, and they dont got any respect.

OP
H

hoshnasi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry but if you arn't rdy to accept critism, then don't open yourself with a weak video like that

Thank you come again!

None of the comments were criticism. AS none are valid in any way...

The phone takes pictures and nice quality video. If I pull the micro SD card out of the phone the data is similar if not identical to that of a camera (same directory format as well).

I assume that manged sentence meant to say that the iPad only accepts mp4 format, which is false, it will play more then that. However iMovie will not, it is much more picky. Did you know for example that users of this site are having issues getting iMovie on iPad to import some .mp4 videos? Again, you're criticism is ill-informed.

You have had an iPad 2 for OVER A YEAR??? In all serious though, there is NO reason to not try and put a new device through its paces.

OP
H

hoshnasi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
its just there 1000000s of threads were people complaion about what the IPAd cannot do, its such an old story 20 times told, people who buy an second generation ipad and making a 20 minute video where they complain about what the ipad 2 can not do are to lazy to google for the stuff, and they dont got any respect.

I have Googled, I have participated on Apple support posts and this forum. My criticisms on the iPad2 are based SQUARELY on the new technology and new Apps.

And with those criticism I still completely love and have not once regretted my purchase.

Also, I want to add that in my video I pointed out lots of options to get others working on iMovie and Reel Director.

You made a false snap judgment.

Lifet1me

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had the IPad one before, what you can connect to bluetooth is buisness of the OS, not the generation of the IPad, the OS is the same so... bluetooth connection is also.

Just go with mp4 and you will get no trouble, maybe there other formats which will work, but ur sure with mp4.

I bet the reason why you cannot see the pictures on the SD card is that those pictures are in a folder your phone created somewhere in the system folders of that phone.

The IPad can read out pics/movies from DCIM/devicetype, guess the folder of your phone is kind of too much "hidden" in folders so the iOS cant find, more just does not search for in those folders.

I never said that its a smart choice from apple how they manage connectivity things when it comes to simple things like Movie/Picture transfer, but it wont change in near future, u gotta stick to it.

OP
H

hoshnasi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They dont want that you can connect your ipad with anything you want, their idea is to keep their iOS clean, that means that they dont want the IPad to whore with any open sourced phone or whatever.-

I assume you are not a developer so I'll make this simple. Import of video into iPad, cannot and will not EVER "whore" out the iOS. It will not effect it in anyway. The issue you are refering to justly is Apples restriction on Apps that run persistantly and do not properly manage memory

(FYI, I am an Apple and Android App developer.)

As for me, i really really wished and still wish that the IPad of the furute is a stand alone with every option to knock out a lower notebook, thats what i want.

So what you're saying is you want the iPad to NOT have to sync initially or to pull in videos? Isn't that a criticism?

Last edited:
OP
H

hoshnasi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bet the reason why you cannot see the pictures on the SD card is that those pictures are in a folder your phone created somewhere in the system folders of that phone.

The IPad can read out pics/movies from DCIM/devicetype, guess the folder of your phone is kind of too much "hidden" in folders so the iOS cant find, more just does not search for in those folders.

Pictures and videos are in the same folder below the DCIM root. The iPad sees the pictures, not the videos.

Nothing is hidden.

Again, I'd like to point out I very much know what I doing and have in fact research this issue.

Do me a favor though and subscribe to my channel for more upcoming iPad videos. :D

Lifet1me

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So what you're saying is you want the iPad to NOT have to sync initially or to pull in videos? Isn't that a criticism?

I just dont want to sync it for every fart with itunes, cause itunes causes trouble sometimes, changes the media library like it wants to, if you got a small C: drive ur doomed when it comes to an OS update since stupid itunes ALWAYS temporary save the downloaded OS on your c: drive no matter what you tell it.

I really gave up customizing my itunes, i stay with the default, cause that makes less trouble. The ITunes program on my PC is the big foul thing about the iOS imho.

Most reactions

Latest posts