What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First steps post-jailbreak

Ulrich

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So from earlier discussions when the iOS7 jailbreak came out I remember that the advice was to install OpenSSH, afc2add and Mobile Terminal right away and then change the default password. Is that correct?

OpenSSH is on the iOS8 compatibility list, afc2add is not, but seems to work anyway, but it looks like there is no iOS8 version of Mobile Terminal, yet.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OpenSSH is the core of it all, if you don't have the others that's fine. Apple File Conduit 2 is Saurik's update for afc2add as netmage is no longer maintaining AFC2add. As long as you have OpenSSH, you'll be fine. As for MobileTerminal, until it's updated, you can use MTerminal by lordscotland on Cydia. It's pretty much the same thing but less verbose in some ways if you use them.

OP
Ulrich

Ulrich

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Okay, replaced afc2add with AFC2. Thanks for the tip about MTerminal; will use that to change the default password when I find my instructions at home. :)

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you can't find them, it'll be below

> su root
> alpine
> passwd
> [enter new password]

OP
Ulrich

Ulrich

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Actually, I just remembered that the instructions are part of the package description for OpenSSH. ;)

Don't forget to change the mobile password as well.

Most reactions