What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally Bit the Bullet - Ordered an iPad Pro!

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Got a Amazon gift card for Christmas, so I ordered this. Should arrive sometime today. I’m hoping it will work with the Lighting/USB-A SanDisk USB drive I already have. Not the best solution, but it will have to do intill there is a USB-C Drive with iOS app available. I’ll let you all know how it works.

There are a ton of these on Amazon. I picked one that was asthetically pleasing, had good reviews, and was about the same price as the gift card.

View attachment 84359

Will be looking to see how the drive works

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, looks like the package has gone missing. Tracking says it has been delivered, but nothing at the door.
Maybe the delivery person took it? There are also thieves who look for packages left at the front door and steal them.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Maybe the delivery person took it? There are also thieves who look for packages left at the front door and steal them.

I’ve been hoping that it was misdelivered to a neighbor, who will turn it into the office, or something. It is not impossible. My place is not clearly labled. Still, I’m not expecting much.

OP
giradman

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I’ve been hoping that it was misdelivered to a neighbor, who will turn it into the office, or something. It is not impossible. My place is not clearly labled. Still, I’m not expecting much.

Sorry about the package - hope for the best or possibly a re-shipment? Our packages usually are left at the front door, but occasionally are put by the side door, so if we get a 'delivered email' and nothing is out front, check the other door - don't know why (maybe a safety consideration by some deliverers?); plus, we are on a small cul-de-sac and rarely have others walking outside so have not had any thievery to date. Dave :)

OP
giradman

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, my extra chargers and cables (USB-Cs for charging & USB-C -> USB for connecting to my laptops) came the last few days. My main concern was the cables to the older USB connectors on my MBPro - had to trust the new iPad, but opened up iTunes and made a backup; also, transfered about 10 Playlists/Tracts on the laptop w/o a problem - will continue that process the next few days (probably have 40-50 hours of music to add) - SO, for those getting these newer USB-C iDevices, the iTunes features (if one wishes to use the app) seems to work fine.

Also, was able to make a backup using iMazing on the laptop, but having some difficulty in getting some images stored on an external SSD back into another photo app (i.e. Photo Manager Pro) on the new iPad - could use iTunes & PhotoSync but hate the process and the confusion! Finally, Coconut Battery works fine (see pic below) - now have a GOOD iPad battery that is lasting most of the day. Dave :)
Screen Shot 2018-12-29 at 10.58.33 AM.png

Most reactions