What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

files

Breckbi4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to know too as I impatiently wait for my 3g model to ship
sometime! I was checking out the wi-fi models at Best Buy today and
I looked at the Apple Pages app. In the help section it said you could import
Word, PDF, etc. thru itunes. But, I'll have to wait to get mine before
knowing for sure.

Hopefully someone has a definitive answer for us.

Mike

Reaction score
Website
www.kevinpurcell.org
Yes you can get pages out of Pages.
When in Pages just make sure you are in Portrait mode and the toolbar shows up at the top. Tap My Documents. At the bottom you will see the icon with a box and an arrow coming out of the center of the box. Tap it to export to various document formats like PDF, Word, Pages.
Then next time you sync, go to the Apps tab in the screen of info about your device. At the bottom you will see the box where you can click on Pages and the files you have exported will be listed on the right. Click the file you want to save and choose Save To at the bottom.
Some have reported problems with PDF. My only problem was a warning that it didn't have the fonts I needed but it converted them fine.

By the way, this is the same place you add documents to Pages, Keynote or Numbers or other apps that take advantage of this interface like iBooks with epub files.

Most reactions