What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FileMaker Launches Bento 4 for iPad

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just went to review the forum at FileMaker the devs for Bento,
hmmmm, lots of complaints about synch issues and no cloud storage /synch, I would pay 10$ for a dropbox synch/ backup, and yet they haven't considered it, ugh i am really getting tired of poor app development..... And the beta testers are people like us who invest in their software, waiting in anticipation for an update to fix poor design and concept!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I just downloaded Bento.. I use it on my iPad2 but do not have a Mac computer. Soooo I was wondering can anyone tell me what app or how to get a calendar on that thing? I hate using a separate calendar but at this point I have no choice. Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all, Patricia

Bento isn't really a calendar app. It won't replace most of the calendar functions you are likely to expect; like different month, week, day views; and alerts.

They do have a n Event template, so that you can create a list of upcoming events. This is primarily a planning tool. You could probably use it as a starting place for a more comprehensive tool if you were someone who needed to plan and organized events.

Tap the button under the list of databases (or apps as Bento is calling them). Choose the Events template.

EventsDB.jpg

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
More info on Bento " iCloud synch" future release , probably have to shell out another 5 bucks.

This is an excerpt from the Bento forum , as we are not allowed to insert external links to other forums, blah de blah , I have pasted it, ( hopefully I won't get banned for this) but I feel everyone should know the limitation of an app before purchase, that's what forums are for.

iCloud support
Forum post posted January 21, 2012 by Alan, last edited February 10, 2012
159 Views, 1 Comment
TITLE:
iCloud support
Calvin said after Hobbes poked his water balloon: "That's the trouble with (weapons) technology. It becomes obsolete so quickly."

It wasn't long ago when I considered Bento the best app on my Mac/iPad/iPhone. I happily synced my iPad/iPhone everyday and said "wow, I can synced through Wifi. Now my data are in all my devices! It's awesome."

But, now, when I do the syncing: "This is ridiculous! Why do I have to do it?"

iCloud is really making a difference. I've been checking out other apps that support iCloud. Bento needs to support iCloud now and not later. Customers don't wait.

Alan

ANSWER

posted January 23, 2012 by TSGal | Permalink
Alan Wong:

Thank you for your post

I have forwardd your suggestion to our Development and Product Management departments so they can consider iCloud support and updating of data across all devices in a future release.

TSGal
FileMaker, Inc.

PatriciaF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I tried one of filemaker's template Events something but it is only for the bento 3 version, I have bento 4.

Most reactions

Latest posts