What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

File upload is grayed out

mainmaq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cannot upload files with my iPad 2. File upload option( choose file) is always grayed out whenever I want to upload files to a website.
Any help?

darrenjcampbell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You quite simply cannot upload files to a website from an iPad because iOS has no user-facing concept of a file system. If you want to upload a file you will have to either use an app or use a Mac or a PC. Forget all the hype about Flash, this is probably the single biggest obstacle to the realisation of the post-PC world. Your greatest hope would be to find a 3rd party browser app that has Dropbox integrated, but even then I doubt that it would work. I will be delighted if someone can prove me wrong on this.

darrenjcampbell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried it and it does indeed work a treat. That really is a revelation to me. This means that the iPad is now a viable standalone option for non-power users.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
darrenjcampbell said:
I tried it and it does indeed work a treat. That really is a revelation to me. This means that the iPad is now a viable standalone option for non-power users.

See what the power of the search function on this forum can get for you........untold riches of app goodness!

The Archangel

Most reactions