What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite Ipad Browser

Favorite Ipad/Ipad 2 Browser

• Atomic

Votes: 44 21.5%
  • Cloud

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Penguin

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Sarafi

Votes: 113 55.1%
  • Skyfire

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • Other- Please Specify

Votes: 37 18.0%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 247820

Safari works well for me.

When I got my iPad about 18 months ago, Safari would not open all Microsoft sites.
As i use the iPad as a mobile "fix it" tool, Safari was underwhelming.
So I used Atomic Web. But now I find Mercury is the fastest of all.
Good name for a good browser.

Paul_Impola

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Safari most of the time, and Photon for those increasingly rare websites that will not function properly without Flash.

imini011213

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Puffin as it allows flash. I just checked and it's no longer on there. The free version only has a 14 day trial for flash support. I bought it for my iPhone. Don't know what happened to the iPad one, so I guess I use Safari, but I don't use it much. edit update: I found Puffin on iPad and it still works, I browsed to youtube ans watched a video of Taylor Swift with the Rolling Stones.

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Puffin as it allows flash. I just checked and it's no longer on there. The free version only has a 14 day trial for flash support. I bought it for my iPhone. Don't know what happened to the iPad one, so I guess I use Safari, but I don't use it much.

I just checked, and Puffin Web Browser is there in the AppStore under iPad apps.

image-778722202.jpg

imini011213

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just checked, and Puffin Web Browser is there in the AppStore under iPad apps.

View attachment 42939

Sorry I meant it was no longer on my ipad. Usually when I buy something it goes to both my devices. So it had to have been on there at one time, so I searched for it and it had "open" next to it rather than, "install" or whatever. So I clicked open and now it's back on my iPad.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm glad you figured out what was wrong. Thanks for posting your solution.

retexan599

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an ipad 2, not jailbroken. I use Safari as my normal browser. I would like to install the Chrome App as a secondary browser on my iPad. I want to be able to use both Safari and Chrome as browsers. For example: using the Safari browser to play a video on Apple TV and able to use the Chrome browser as an application at the same time. Can't quite tell if this is possible, or if one has to use Safari or Chrome. Advice appreciated.

Paul_Impola

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an ipad 2, not jailbroken. I use Safari as my normal browser. I would like to install the Chrome App as a secondary browser on my iPad. I want to be able to use both Safari and Chrome as browsers. For example: using the Safari browser to play a video on Apple TV and able to use the Chrome browser as an application at the same time. Can't quite tell if this is possible, or if one has to use Safari or Chrome. Advice appreciated.

That is definitely possible. I have several different browsers on my iPad 4, including Safari and Chrome. I often have two different browsers open at the same time, and switch back and forth between them.

Dave_227

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now with iOS 7's Safari, I use that and deleted Chrome off my iPad for extra space. :)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts