What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite Apps

Jake18oly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am always looking to find new apps and have been searching around quite a bit. My favorite would be a tie between Air Video and Netflix. Also I really like Reeder for RSS feeds.

What are some of your favorite apps or apps you would recommend?

lprmcnit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Netflix IS great. I like being able to lie on my couch and watch a movie. The sound and screen resolution make for a great experience. I also like using the IOS version of Kindle....it's nice to be able to read as well and not have to worry about stacks of books cluttering my house.

OP
Jake18oly

Jake18oly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Netflix IS great. I like being able to lie on my couch and watch a movie. The sound and screen resolution make for a great experience. I also like using the IOS version of Kindle....it's nice to be able to read as well and not have to worry about stacks of books cluttering my house.

Reading on my ipad is something I never thought I would get into. Boy was I wrong! I can't believe how much I read on a daily basis. I usually use the ibooks app since I can convert drm free ebooks and load them on.

tosh.jc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Netflix!

I also make good use of the Craigslist app (called Craigsphone), ebay, Real Solitaire, Chess, SpeedtestX HD, Dictionary.com app, Virtuoso Piano app, Pac-Sam (game), Touch Hockey (air hockey game), Blue Block (puzzle game).

I'm a reader, but I really can't swing reading on an electronic device. It simply doesn't mimic the reading experience. I suppose I'm a bit of a snobbish bibliophile, but it just seems odd to read a classic on an iPad, or even on a computer. That said, I do have the Kindle app and a few free book downloads I found on Amazon, and I think it would do in a pinch if I simply had no room for reading material in my bag. I'd never pay for an eBook.

If you like Edgar Allan Poe, there's a free app that has all of his works, both prose and poetry, for those times that you just really need to hear the BELLS, BELLS, BELLS.

The Pages app is also decent, though it could stand to be a bit more capable as a word processor than it is.

Highbred8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use quicksilversreen.com to watch movies, ipad didn't support .avi files and since most of that sites content is divx I was sol. But oplayer fix that. $5 app and it streams or downloads any show/movie I want to watch regardless of format. I like netflix but most of it's content is dated.

Pages is ok, wish it exported in .docx format and then I'd be happy. I like pandora a lot, but the free app a day the other day has been my new thing. Its called clock radio and I love it. Has tons and tons of Internet radio stations that play any genre you can imagine, the main screen can be a large combination of colors and hues and it looks great. A really nice radio/ clock/ alarm.

I like the tuaw app for iPhone. Great for apple news. And I gotta give props to e-textbooks. That app alone save my wife and I $460 in textbooks this semester alone. In a sense it paid for my iPad lol.

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lets see here.

1.) Plants VS Zombies ( of course!!! It even lets prisoners escape jail! LOL! )
2.) iShoot ( the first one....the 2nd one sucks )
3.) Dropbox
4.) Skype

Those are must-haves.

Jake872

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Air Video is just $3 and you can stream videos from your computer in great quality. Also, Real Racing HD is great.

Most reactions

Latest posts