What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faulty app

Drew wal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How possible is it to report a faulty app to apple, or how likely is they'll respond and do something about it, I've an app that cost £ 2.99 and its literally always deleting the contents randomly .
The application is not fit for purpose and even though I've sent several emails to the developer I've yet to receive anything back, nada, not a bean , zip all , nothing !

Is this how devs work is it, deploy an app, screw people over and then just ignore all communications ? Why are apple allowing these rogue devs into their store to fleece users?

Sent from my iPad 3 64gb using iPF

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apple does not handle customer support for AppStore apps, that's on the developers. Very rarely will an app be bounced by Apple unless it breaches some infringement of theirs of a known infringement. If the app is later found to have major problems on a wide scale, it will be taken off.

darkangelwitch

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A while ago I complained to the AppStore about an app and I received prompt reply, an investigation and refund.

Email [email protected] giving them the order number (it will be on your email) full details of the app and your complaint of it.

If you don't tell them there is a problem with a developer then how are they to know.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
How possible is it to report a faulty app to apple, or how likely is they'll respond and do something about it, I've an app that cost £ 2.99 and its literally always deleting the contents randomly .
The application is not fit for purpose and even though I've sent several emails to the developer I've yet to receive anything back, nada, not a bean , zip all , nothing !

Is this how devs work is it, deploy an app, screw people over and then just ignore all communications ? Why are apple allowing these rogue devs into their store to fleece users?

Well, the post before mine has provided some excellent advice and from experience - that would have been my suggestion, especially in trying to obtain a refund. BUT, you might want to mentioned the name of the app and I'm assuming 'deleting the contents randomly' means w/i the app? Might help others to avoid a purchase and similar problem - thanks. Dave :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
And don't forget to leave a review in the App Store for that app. That way, even if Apple does not remove it, or until they do, the next buyer has some warning.

I'm assuming you went to the support page provided on the App's page and got no help.

OP
Drew wal

Drew wal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hey guys , sorry for the delay.
I paid £2.99 for the app, it allows me to save media from the likes of your tube etc, I downloaded family and friend videos, I've had the app over a year, it's not on iTunes uk anymore, and I see the devs slewing out other apps promising the same service.
I did download one of the apps that was still on iTunes just so that I could leave a negative review about the developer.
Not happy, sick of saving videos other members take and the only way I can save them from YouTube is pay for an app that rips me off :-(

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ahh, well there are those developers. Be sure to complain to Apple. If they get enough people complaining Apple will likely do some thing about it.

Hold in mind that the volume of apps submitted to Apple each day prevents anything like in-depth screening of the developers themselves. The Apps are screened for security, compliance with Apple's rules and basic function. Shady practices are something that can only be found out after the fact.

The other thing to keep in mind is that the ability to record/save YouTube videos is something that Google doesn't want you doing. In some cases it can even be a copyright violation. Apps that can do this are in a constant battle with Google's policies and site API updates.

OP
Drew wal

Drew wal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Trouble is if you tube don't want people downloading movies, which for me are family videos done miles away, then what's the point of people using a video share site ?
Kind of contradicts itself really, there's clips of me on there that maybe I'd like my friends to have, if it's their material then surely they have the rights to honour downloading .
Looks like I'll get them to find another way to share my material . Shame , I don't have a YouTube account since google took over, I gave it up, refuse to have anything to do with google+ Or google accounts.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Trouble is if you tube don't want people downloading movies, which for me are family videos done miles away, then what's the point of people using a video share site ? Kind of contradicts itself really, there's clips of me on there that maybe I'd like my friends to have, if it's their material then surely they have the rights to honour downloading . Looks like I'll get them to find another way to share my material . Shame , I don't have a YouTube account since google took over, I gave it up, refuse to have anything to do with google+ Or google accounts. Sent from my iPad 3 64gb using iPF

A file storage/sharing site is more likely what you need, something like Dropbox where you can share single files or whole folders. YouTube is more for viewing only, whether that be publicly or a private video.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'd have to agree with Dhewson. YouTube is mostly about sharing in the sense of letting other people view. For distributing copies of the file you're better off with a site that specializes in sharing the actual files. DropBox, Box, or one of the half dozen other services available.

OP
Drew wal

Drew wal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah , I'll have to agree with you there . Shame really

Sent from my awesome iPhone 5S 64gb Gold using ipf

Most reactions

Latest posts