What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facts R Fun

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There are so many facts that are known to less. Some are funny, some are astounding! Lets share them here!

To start with :

The World Mobile Throwing Championship is held in Finland every year since 2000. The current world record was set in 2002, where the winner threw his Nokia 5110 a distance of 66.72 meters! Does it make you want to participate?

OP
abababababab

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history. Spades - King David; Clubs - Alexander the Great; Hearts - Charlemagne; and Diamonds - Julius Caesar.

I need an honest reply to this question : How many of you already knew (before reading this) that the King of Hearts is the only King without a mustache and the King of diamonds has an axe, while others have swords.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I didn't know any of that....and in a way, I'm glad I didn't. :)

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's interesting, I didn't know that! Grabbed a pack of cards to check. Also checked the queens and the jacks but could see no differences as obvious as that.
Andrew

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's also new to me. Usually, I don't take a closer look to the cards when we're playing.

OP
abababababab

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That's interesting, I didn't know that! Grabbed a pack of cards to check. Also checked the queens and the jacks but could see no differences as obvious as that. Andrew

Yea... Did you know that after eating, our hearing sense reduces the most, for a period of time, more than any other sense?

OP
abababababab

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Fleas can reach speeds up to 50 times faster than a space shuttle. Would it be convenient for a ride?

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history. Spades - King David; Clubs - Alexander the Great; Hearts - Charlemagne; and Diamonds - Julius Caesar.

I need an honest reply to this question : How many of you already knew (before reading this) that the King of Hearts is the only King without a mustache and the King of diamonds has an axe, while others have swords.

Oh wow. Never knew that.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Fleas can reach speeds up to 50 times faster than a space shuttle. Would it be convenient for a ride?

If it was as big as a Plymouth I would finally have a car to use to get to many places around the world in a matter of minutes, a few hours, heck maybe even seconds!

Yea... Did you know that after eating, our hearing sense reduces the most, for a period of time, more than any other sense?

Explains why I never hear anyone in the dining table talking.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Over the next thousand years a leap year February will not have a full Moon only in the years 2572, 2792, and 2944.In those years, both January and March will have two full Moons.

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Koalas have exactly the same fingerprints as humans. A trained expert would have trouble telling human and koala fingerprints apart, even using a microscope.

OP
abababababab

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Koalas have exactly the same fingerprints as humans. A trained expert would have trouble telling human and koala fingerprints apart, even using a microscope.

They can even be confused in a crime scene. Maybe they can be used to unlock an iPhone 5s.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts