What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facetime

powerboz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi my daughter brought i pad for her daughter ,when she tries to facetime me on my iphone she can see and hear me but we can not see her, she can take photos ok with the camera and she had updated, restarted it looked in all the settings they tell you to look and still can not figure it out . Any idea anyone thanks

OP
P

powerboz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
strange that she calls on facetime i answer her, hear her, but can not see her but she can see me could it have somthing to do with the camera

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
A couple of long shots:

One, FaceTime has an audio only mode. She can choose not to send her picture. This is pretty unlikely.

FaceTime can also use either camera. If she has accidently chosen the back camera, and there is something covering it (like the cover) then you might not see anything but a black screen.

There should be a little camera icon on the screen so you can switch back and forth.

Off the top of my head I can't think of anything else that would stop the camera from working in FaceTime, but not in other apps. She can take pictures, yes?

Most reactions

Latest posts