What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facetime stopped working!

mistraltony

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I am new to this forum but unsure where to get help.

I updated my Apple password the other day and since then my Facetime and I Messaging has ceased to work. They ask me for my Apple ID and Password but will simply not accept the new password. Everything else seems to accept it just fine.

I have read countless forums on this problem and tried to follow every recommendation but nothing works.

Obviously this is a known problem to Apple who are obviously too busy selling record numbers of new Ipads to worry about problems like this.

We live 1,000 miles from our children and grandchildren so have become reliant on our Facetime contact. If anyone knows any quick fixes for this I would be very grateful.

Please don't just send a list of links. I have just spent 2 days following every one, updating BIOS, even a general reset. Nothing works!

Many thanks

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If your device isn't up to date, then update it. The latest software, iOS 8.1.3, fixed an issue with FaceTime and iMessage. Perhaps it will help with your problem.

I suppose "general reset" is erasing content and settings and restoring it.

Try a different kind of reset. It's performed by pressing and holding Home and Power button until you see the Apple logo, then letting go of both. The iPad will power up on it's own. This won't remove data or settings. It might help getting rid of some glitches. Maybe it'll help with your problem.

Did you also try to sign out of your Apple ID in Settings - iTunes & App Store and sign in again? You could also try the same in Settings - iCloud.

Last edited:
OP
M

mistraltony

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply JA but I have tried all the above and it makes absolutely no difference at all. As I say I have read all the things suggested by others in lots of threads on this subject.

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Make sure ur device current time and date is correct.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts