What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook iPad App Code Discovered in Facebook iPhone App

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Facebook_App.JPG
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]TechCrunch has caused quite a stir today with its discovery of the official Facebook iPad app hidden within the Facebook iPhone app, which was revealed after a small update to the iPhone app yesterday. At the time of writing today, “Facebook iPad†is currently the number five trending topic worldwide on Twitter, a good indication of just how excited people are to finally get a Facebook iPad app. The code found by TechCrunch is actually executable, and they have pictures and all to prove it. A source has also confirmed to TechCrunch that this was planned to be the launch version of the Facebook iPad app.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]According to TechCrunch, the app has a “great†navigation system, using a left-side menu that is easily accessible via one-touch or a flick of the screen. Turn the iPad sideways and you’ll see a list of your friends who are currently online, that you can then chat with. TechCrunch also praises the photo viewing feature in the app, which it says is similar to the iPad’s own Photos app. The Places feature has a map that shows you where all your nearby friends are. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Source: [/FONT]Facebook’s iPad App Is Hidden Inside Of Their iPhone App | TechCrunch
[FONT=&quot]Facebook’s Secret iPad App Exposed [Pictures] | TechCrunch[/FONT]

andsoitgoes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Okay maybe not. The article I read was terribly wrong. I need to do a bit more testing, but it seems if you've got a Jailbroken device, you can use full force to get the full functionality of the iPad version. I'll test and report back.

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iphone and BB apps by Facebook are glitchy and gross. I prefer Safari, but am hopeful that the Ipad app is better.

andsoitgoes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So it isn't possible to use this version, you can't log in.

Returning it to the iPhone version, I was able to log in fine.

Most reactions

Latest posts