What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Copy picture into email

David1965

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried to copy a picture off the web tonight - clicked copy, then tried to drop it in email but it wasn't there when I tried to drop it in. The hold figure down and paste didn't happen. So...I tried to attach the picture to email (it was saved in pictures) but in email my "browse files" I see on my mac email wasn't there in email on the ipad.

Any ideas?

erotty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad.jpg

I hope this will be helpful for you.

Attachments

• ipad.png
    ipad.png
    94.1 KB · Views: 485
Last edited:

jojoba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried to do that the other day for three photos but could only manage to highlight one - is that me being stupid or is there an option to send more than one?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm. That's odd. You should be able to select up to five pictures (all 5 should get a blue check mark as shown by erotty's picture).

Try pressing them again - cause you can e-mail up to 5 at once. If you highlight more, the "Email" button will be grayed out...

And no, you're not being stupid. These iPads, while touted by Apple as "just working" - really aren't that intuitive sometimes. So, you've come to the right place for help. :)

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

gulmi49

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you! I have been trying to copy five photos into an email. Your idea worked.

OP
D

David1965

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does this only work with mail? What if you use another email program?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you're asking. So, here's my understanding of mailing photos:

If you go to the Photos app, you can only mail up to five images from within the app itself. The e-mail will be created and then sent from within the Photos app; you'll still be within the Photo app when the e-mail is sent.

You can copy photos from within the Photo app, close that app and open the Mail app. Then, you can paste the photos you just copied into an e-mail message (I just opened a new mail and pasted six photos). I don't know how many photos you can copy and paste this way - I should imagine that it's only limited by the size of your ISP's file size restrictions.

So, there are two ways to mail photos. One from within the Photo app, one from within the Mail app (after copying photos).

I'm pretty sure you could use a different mail app (other than the stock one) and use the cut-n-paste method. I don't know for sure because I didn't try it.

Did that help - or did I just muddy the water up more? :D

Marilyn

boyzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"Attachment Sender" will do what you need.

Last edited:

jojoba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm. That's odd. You should be able to select up to five pictures (all 5 should get a blue check mark as shown by erotty's picture).

Try pressing them again - cause you can e-mail up to 5 at once. If you highlight more, the "Email" button will be grayed out...

And no, you're not being stupid. These iPads, while touted by Apple as "just working" - really aren't that intuitive sometimes. So, you've come to the right place for help. :)

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Thanks Marily :) I tried again and it worked now! I now don't know what I did wrong the last time :confused::D

Most reactions

Latest posts