What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook app for ipad 3

OP
F

fastphil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, after I forced the app to quit I performied a reset by holding the power switch and home button together until the Apple logo appears, when I start the app, as the page is in the process of loading I can see the status/photo/check in but when the page loads fully these buttons disappear! When I try to comment on a friends status post the comment screen appears from the right of the screen with all the comments that have already been posted but when I scroll to the bottom there is no space for me to type my comment!

AledJ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hope it's just a bug which will go away in a few days, but it's odd there are not more posts about this.

xiangopera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
fastphil said:
Yes, after I forced the app to quit I performied a reset by holding the power switch and home button together until the Apple logo appears, when I start the app, as the page is in the process of loading I can see the status/photo/check in but when the page loads fully these buttons disappear! When I try to comment on a friends status post the comment screen appears from the right of the screen with all the comments that have already been posted but when I scroll to the bottom there is no space for me to type my comment!

Yes, same encounter.

Mattmussett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Both my girlfriend and me are having the same issue, and it started today, or at least we noticed it today. Works fine if entering Facebook via google, and my iPhone app works fine, so it has to be something to do with the iPad app. Pain in the backside and hope it gets sorted soon!

Mini Ha Ha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem. I reported the problem to Facebook and got the following reply:-

"Thank you for submitting this bug report and the taking time to help us improve Facebook. Unfortunately, we are unable to respond to every bug report individually, but we are reading them.

For more information about issues currently affecting the site, please visit the Facebook Known Issues Page. We appreciate your patience and feedback as we work to improve your Facebook experience.

Thanks,
The Facebook Team"

Not very useful I'm afraid! Hope a fix is sorted soon, it's an annoying problem!

Last edited by a moderator:

xiangopera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried again just now, I can comment! Hope its function stays put!

thegost4u

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It works now, its been not working for three days and i thought it was a software problem, but its now fixed ! Without any action from me

OP
F

fastphil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same for me, I opened the Facebook app now and everything is as it should be, everything back to normal with no action from me! It's about time FB did something right, hopefully they'll add a share function to the app that'll make it a lot better!

AledJ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can comment again Yay! But if I like a status etc it takes me to a new page, which says I have no permission or it's been removed etc. Anyone else had that?

Edit- Back to normal, Can now like posts etc odd.

Last edited:

AledJ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Deleted a video but it still shows in the news feed, but has gone from my timeline. Anyone had this?

crw1948

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same problem; however, later in the day it cleared without me doing anything. I think on my part, a Facebook problem.

AledJ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same problem; however, later in the day it cleared without me doing anything. I think on my part, a Facebook problem.

It must be another FB issue but is still in the news feed today, maybe another day or so. When I removed it I did so from my wall, maybe in future delete from news feed first.

Most reactions

Latest posts