What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

f.lux = battery hog?

Ulrich

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Since not all tweaks are compatible with iOS8, yet, I have not re-installed everything I had under iOS7 after jailbreaking my iPad. The ones missing are Clipshot, Cydelete7, f.lux, Homelock, MultiIconMover and iKeywiHD.

One thing I noticed is that at the moment, my iPad's battery seems to hold up a lot better than before. I don't believe that this is a result of my upgrade to iOS8, so it's got to be one of the tweaks I have not installed, yet, that makes the difference (a difference to the tune where after five hours of watching videos on the iPad my battery is still up at 62%, where before it probably would only be around 30-40%). From all the tweaks listed above, f.lux would intuitively seem the obvious culprit since I'd think it continuously monitors or influences the screen/lighting?

Any thoughts? I would not have thought that a tweak would influence power consumption that much, but I really have no other explanation for what I am seeing.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you get around to installing those tweaks you should do it one at a time and monitor battery use after each tweak is installed. This would confirm which of those tweaks was causing your excessive battery drain.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
f.lux is broken at the moment, even the beta package. It constantly transitions back and forth randomly, and the launch daemon is still broken, hence the battery drain (when not referring to the transition phasing)

OP
Ulrich

Ulrich

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, I guess there is one tweak I won't reinstall, then... Arguably there was little utility (to me) to this tweak anyway; I guess I can just manually turn down the screen brightness when I read in bed at night...

Most reactions

Latest posts