What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adblocker and battery life

jmccamb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I own an iPad two an recently jailbroke it using absinthe. I like to keep the jailbreak as minimal as possible and avoid themes, massive tweaks and process that run in the background. One extension the I admittedly jailbroke for is the adblocker extension available in cydia.

It seems to work perfectly but my question is what ate its effects on battery life? Additionally, does adding Adblock functions to apps other than safari further increase the battery drain? Finally, will using lists such as fanboys annoyances and tracking further impact the battery life?

Thanks for your help.

dandem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have adblocker on my ipad 3 from day 1 when jailbreake was released I didn't notice any differences in battery life,
Also I have it turned on for a few other apps.

NoKz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have it for other apps as well and haven't noticed any decrease in battery life.

Most reactions

Latest posts