What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

External keyboard recommendations?

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I love everything about my new IPad except the virtual keyboard. As a touch typist I find one finger typing a pain! What external keyboard do you use? Where did you buy it? Cost? Thanks for any help.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Reaction score
It depends on where you plan on typing.

If it is mainly at a desk, I can only recommend the Apple Bluetooth keyboard.

But if move around a lot and want the smallest footprint possible, look for some foldable bluetooth keyboards. The keys are not much fun to type on, but if the only other choice would be no keyboard at all, it may be worth it.

Personally I find the Apple keyboard somewhat large, especially when compared to the iPad 2. But it is the smallest full keyboard with keys you can type on for hours. Price is around 60 pounds.

Reaction score
I have a Zagg mate. It is a combo keyboard/stand/aluminum cover that is padded on the inside.
Got it at Best Buy $80
Its bluetooth and the battery lasts a long long time .I charged mine after 3 weeks and it wasn't in need of one yet.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad

jlkohel911

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've said it before I'll say it again: Zaggmate for iPad2 comes out April 8th..I cant wait :)

OP
markbnh1

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I ended up getting the Apple at Best Buy. I looked at the Zaggmate for IPad 1 but did not like the smaller size of the keyboard. It also seemed a little lower quality than the Apple to me, but who knows. Anyway, I also got the Incase origami folding keyboard case that holds the keyboard and also acts as a stand while typing. Nice combo!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a regular USB keyboard via the camera connector kit. Allows me to use my favorite ergonomic keyboard for long typing, rather than restricted to the rather small selection of iPad-specific keyboards.

Most reactions

Latest posts