What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

External iPad Batteries: total run time ranging from 34 to 99 hours

elmateo487

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The cheapest one lasts over 30 hours which is almost a week of six hour days and it weights only one half of the weight of another iPad. You could easily slept that around while out at school or working.

Or you could use it to recharge an iPhone 14 times during the week.

How about one of these if you were camping?

Where is your imagination? What could you see one of these batteries with an iPad used for? The heaviest at 4.5 pounds lasts almost ten full recharge cycles or about two weeks of watching videos all day long or doing real work with a productivity app.

The computer on guiding the Apollo missions didn't have to last that long as they flew to the moon and back in eleven days and it wasn't as powerful as the tiny :D iPad 64.

They could have used and iPad and been better off, doesn't that boggle the mind? And yes for all you AY&T haters out there, there was no AT&T 3G coverage on that trip.

Why would you take a computer camping??? I thought the whole point of going camping is to unplug??

flashlight?

TillysWilly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If. They can get the battery that small to last that long they why can't they put a battery in these that will last a FULL 24hrs with full brightness on and safari running the whole time? O what it's about MONEY so screw them I will pass on that

rsava

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't travel but sounds like a perfect solution for people who travel a lot.

I travel a lot and I don't run out of battery now. I am never more than 6 hours away from an outlet with connections and such. When I land I have a car to plug into. I recharge every night.

Maybe I would need it when we go camping but I've gone camping twice since I have had it and did not take it with me. I survived, much to the surprise of my wife. :rolleyes:

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If. They can get the battery that small to last that long they why can't they put a battery in these that will last a FULL 24hrs with full brightness on and safari running the whole time? O what it's about MONEY so screw them I will pass on that
It may be that it is assumed that people sleep at some point. Then is a good time to plug in...

The size of a battery is also related to the weight it adds to a device. Remember that the iPad is classed as mobile.

As it is the iPad's power is one of the best and outclasses all notebooks so far.

TillysWilly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it would still be mobile if you put a battery 1/2 the size of that one in this....and with full brightness on and running the internet it wont last but 2-3 hrs thats crazy....im not saying that havnt came along way on these and the batteries, they have I know that but come on if you can make one that small last that long cut it in half and put it in this....it wouldnt be any heavier and i wouldn't dout if it made it lighter being the battery would only way 0.8 pounds if you cut that battery in half.....just to make it stay on a full 8 hr day with out shutting off would b gr8

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts