What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Europeans unite! 25.03. Ipad 2 preorder, shipping, local purchasing...

OP
L

Lifet1me

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i got it, I GOT IT, had place 18 in the line, starting there at 6:45 am. w000000000000000000000000t!!!!!!!!!!!

3pm the store closed, they set up for IPad 2 then at 17:00 they opend with all the cheer and party.

At about 12am an apple worker counted and there were 280 people!

The manager was a cool guy, kept chatting with us, we also had a 70 years old granny in the line at place 22, standing 10 hours to get an ipad for her grandchild.
Apple staff really cared about her, asked her for a seat and anything.

We had free water/sun umbrellas/coffe, was cool, 10 stars+ apple staff.

They had ALOT Ipads there, havent count, but i guess there were more than 200, all models and colors.

Now my IPad Wifi 64gb is still powering up to full battery life, then ill activate with itunes and roll some apps on it.

10 hours of waiting was worth and i really never ever thought about beeing successful and such early in the line. Number 18 of 400-500.

Canceled the online order too.

edit post removed language

YES! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Also cool is that im on a lot of vids of that line in frankfurt germany on youtube :p

Last edited by a moderator:

euugenn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
can anyone share their experience in london?

I will arrive on the 30th of March (4 days from now) . Any chance to get an iPad 2?

lucasite

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nice one Lifet1me.
I picked up my ipad2 this afternoon in London. I avoided the apple stores, and went to my local pcworld. Although I popped in and out several times, I didnt actually start queuing in there til after 2pm. Noone else was around.
They only had 6 ipads for sale.
So there were 6 of us eventually waiting until 5pm.
I got the 32gb black wifi, and grabbed a smart cover too.

Its my first ipad, so really intrigued and impressed so far.
Only nuisance - I had an iphone 3g years ago, so the minute I plugged in the ipad, it started syncing 40'ish old crappy apps I used to have. So had to do some clean up.
hehe

Euugenn : I think you might have a hard time finding anywhere tomorrow that still have stocks, let alone in 4 days time. Sorry dude.

Last edited:

SporkLover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i got it, I GOT IT, had place 18 in the line, starting there at 6:45 am. w000000000000000000000000t!!!!!!!!!!!

3pm the store closed, they set up for IPad 2 then at 17:00 they opend with all the cheer and party.

The manager was a cool guy, kept chatting with us, we also had a 70 years old granny in the line at place 22, standing 10 hours to get an ipad for her grandchild.

They had ALOT Ipads there, havent count, but i guess there were more than 200, all models and colors.

Now my IPad Wifi 64gb is still powering up to full battery life, then ill activate with itunes and roll some apps on it.

10 hours of waiting was worth and i really never ever thought about beeing successful and such early in the line. Number 18 of 400-500.

There me, new fu*king proud apple IPad2 owner.

YES! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Also cool is that im on a lot of vids of that line in frankfurt germany on youtube :p

Congrats ;) I probably took your picture today too.

I ate lunch at Erberts Suppe place.

So much for going 3 hours early because Germans aren't as Tech crazy as the US ;)

I walked up about the time they started to hand out bottled water. Today was a great day to camp out in front of the apple store.

IMAG0169 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
IMAG0168 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

OP
L

Lifet1me

iPF Noob
Reaction score

There me, new fu*king proud apple IPad2 owner.

YES! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Congrats ;) I probably took your picture today too.

I ate lunch at Erberts Suppe place.

So much for going 3 hours early because Germans aren't as Tech crazy as the US ;)

I walked up about the time they started to hand out bottled water. Today was a great day to camp out in front of the apple store.

IMAG0169 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
IMAG0168 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

On IMAGO168, In the middle of the barriers, the guy standing with black boots, blue jeans, black shirt with the white and red scribe on it and the black bag over the right shoulder, thats me :p

NickHillUK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I am not a big fan of queuing so just wandered round the shops today, needless to say no one has got any stock in the uk now. And if you go to apple online store, they are now quoting 3-4 weeks for delivery.

Kinda sux

Sent from my iPad using iPF

euugenn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NickHillUK said:
Well, I am not a big fan of queuing so just wandered round the shops today, needless to say no one has got any stock in the uk now. And if you go to apple online store, they are now quoting 3-4 weeks for delivery.

Kinda sux

Sent from my iPad using iPF

there's still hope :) - simply use the "Reserve now" feature and if you are lucky you can buy one the next day.

This is how I got mine yesterday.

Tip: Be prepared to reserve it at exactly 9PM - they only last for about 5 minutes.

Link: http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/

Good luck!

majura

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Germany here: I stayed up late and ordered at 2am (GMT+1), typical 15th ship 25th delivery date.

I would have lined up but had to travel on Friday evening. Since then there's been basically no reports of any new stock. I've even seen people beg for retailers to sell them their display models!

At my local reseller I have (under 2 names) two iPad's reserved for when they get stock. Basically the owner of the store has a rather long excel sheet of orders. I had a chat with him yesterday and they might be getting a delivery for the weekend and/or maybe nest week- so fingers crossed that I'll have one in my hands from which I can then cancel my order with Apple.

Other than that, there has been the reserve @ 21:00. I was so close Wednesday night, just as I got to the 'confirm' the session times out i.e. someone else clicked before I did. Last night there was nothing available. Unfortunately Berlin doesn't have it's own Apple Store yet, so this would mean spending another €60 minimum just to travel to Dresden or Hamburg (both significantly smaller cities!).

I don't mind waiting so much but I really hope that if I do end up having to wait for my Apple order, that it gets to me a few days before the easter holidays!

majura

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having looked at the Reserve an iPad 2 site from apple, it seems as if here in Germany there's been a good delivery of black iPad2's across the wi-fi range with a scattering of other models at various Apple stores around the country.

As rumoured, it looks like Apple has made a delivery for the weekend. Hopefully Gravis (the main reseller here) in Berlin will also have stock - going to ride there tomorrow morning, fingers crossed!

euugenn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@majura: sorry to hear you are having a hard time in finding the new ipad. i would recommend insisting on the reserve feature as this assures you one the next day.

the "confirm" last step time out happened to me also once. luckily, the second time I asked a friend and she was lucky enough to reserve me mine.

good luck

plymouthred

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For those in the uk

Do not give up hope of getting one early.

I used this link yesterday and my new iPad 2 32gb 3g will be with me before 1200 today :D

iPad Stock

Good luck :)

majura

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Luck!

My reseller here in Berlin got stock. They had no wi-fi versions so I ended up with a 32GB wi-fi 3G in black :) I don't really have a need for the 3G, but to be honest, I can see myself using it and it's far better than waiting!

Now just getting everything set up etc.

Most reactions