What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ePub books . . .

michael180

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't seem to get ePub books onto my iPad. I download them on to my Mac, and try to drag and drop them into the Books directory in iTunes but it won't work.

Any suggestions?

brobar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do the File > Add File (or add folder) to add books.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad e-book transfert

I can't seem to get ePub books onto my iPad. I download them on to my Mac, and try to drag and drop them into the Books directory in iTunes but it won't work.

Any suggestions?

you can use Calibre (mac) and Stanza (Ipad) and the transfer will go smoothly .. i did it for all my E-Book and works fine

arthur38

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pdf compatability

hey ..... i wanted to ask will i be able to read ebooks which i've downloaded onto my local machine { not from the ibooks store } & are in the pdf format , on my ipad ?

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey ..... i wanted to ask will i be able to read ebooks which i've downloaded onto my local machine { not from the ibooks store } & are in the pdf format , on my ipad ?

you can download in you’re iPad but i recommend you to use Calibre to convert it … for better reading experience

OP
M

michael180

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Any suggestions?

you can use Calibre (mac) and Stanza (Ipad) and the transfer will go smoothly .. i did it for all my E-Book and works fine
I already tried Calibre, it won't work. iTunes rejects the books when I try to drag and drop. I'm trying to add them to the Books tab in iTunes.

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dock your ipad to your computer
open the ipads apps page
scroll to the bottom and click on the reader app you want to use
choose add and add the books

I recommend goodreader for ipad for pdfs, not converting them to epub. It often messes up the pdf formatting and ends up with a jumbled mess.

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score

You can read them with one of the pdf reader apps, but not with ibooks which only supports epub files. Goodreader for ipad is very nice for reading pdf's

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if it won't transfer and it is actually epub then it is probably DRM locked. I added about 10 books to my iPad so far 5 were epub, and the other 5 were .lit that I converted using Calibre.

robsoule

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once you have iTunes running, you can also left-click and drag over to your iPad device and it should sync automatically. I found this out last night as I was loading some free epub books from www.epubbooks.com

annie01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The issues being faced by you may be due to difference in file format of ebook that is supported on mac and ipad, so you need to have it converted in the appropriate format. Or Instead of moving the files from Mac to iPad, you can have the ebooks downloaded to iPad directly. For this you need to look for sites namely the novel network and you can find many such sources to download. The ebooks so downloaded could also be played on other devices that support reading the electronic books.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ePub should work fine in iBooks. Check the books are showing up on the books tab in iTunes. If they are then ensure they are selected for syncing when your device is connected or all books are selected.

Most reactions

Latest posts