What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Epub books?

incig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! I'm new to this forum which I discovered tonight while searching a solution for transfering files from PC to ipad.

I have bought my iPad1 and I have several problems with it. I'm a first-time Mac user, and this doesn't hepl at all. :)

A question about ibooks: I have several book reading apps including stanza, ibooks etc. In iTunes, Device-Apps-File Sharing section, there are all there but ibooks! Why can't I see ibooks there? I like ibooks, and I'm reading my ebooks in ibooks. I want to transfer ebooks and pdf files from my PC to my ipad's ibooks but can't do it! Because I can't see it there in iTunes. In ibooks' Settings, I checked "Sync Bookmarks" and "Sync Collections". I'm not sure if it's relevant though...

Please help me with this. One step at a time. :)

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For whatever reason, iBooks can only be read on an Apple mobile device such as an iPod Touch, an iPhone or and iPad. I know this does not help you, but that is a limitation Apple put on the iBooks app.

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
incig said:
Hi! I'm new to this forum which I discovered tonight while searching a solution for transfering files from PC to ipad.

I have bought my iPad1 and I have several problems with it. I'm a first-time Mac user, and this doesn't hepl at all. :)

A question about ibooks: I have several book reading apps including stanza, ibooks etc. In iTunes, Device-Apps-File Sharing section, there are all there but ibooks! Why can't I see ibooks there? I like ibooks, and I'm reading my ebooks in ibooks. I want to transfer ebooks and pdf files from my PC to my ipad's ibooks but can't do it! Because I can't see it there in iTunes. In ibooks' Settings, I checked "Sync Bookmarks" and "Sync Collections". I'm not sure if it's relevant though...

Please help me with this. One step at a time. :)

Seems you want your ePub books on your PC to go to the iPad iBooks app. To do that, go to iTunes and plug in your iPad. Click your iPad on the left column, and up at the top, next to music, movies, tv shows, etc, there should be a books tab. Click on that, and you should see the ability to sync books. If your books aren't there, then find them and drag them into iTunes, and they should show up.

incig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Now I got it why I can't see ibooks in iTunes. But why is this kind of limitations not in any ipad manual?

I see my ebooks in iTunes Books section, but if I try to sync books, iTunes is first trying to remove existing contents on the ipad. WHY IS THAT? I'm sick of this dialog box every time I try to sync something into the ipad except apps! And troubleshooting section of the ipad manuals I could find on the net doesn't include this problems at all! I don't understand that!

incig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another thing...:) I'm a first-time mac user and I don't know how to drag files into iTunes. Where can do that? In iTunes screen? How?

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's because iTunes library is the main repository and any idevice is just a viewer (in the eyes of Apple). That's why you have to make sure the itunes library has everything you want to sync, and then sync to the device.

Most reactions

Latest posts