What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Epson TM T88V Bluetooth POS Printer

rsava

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't realize the 88V had a BT interface. As far as I knew they only had network (wired and wireless), RS-232, USB, parrallel and the IBM P7 interfaces.
a) Do you have an app to print to it? b) Are you trying to write an app and need help with the SDK?

If a) then you probably need to contact the app manufacturer.
If b) then you should contact Epson for help with their SDK.
When I was in POS last (2010) we did not have a BT interface touse with TM-88's and our iDevice app, we printed over the wireless network.

Nevermind - do you mean this printer?

Mobilink Wireless Mobile Printer

http://pos.epson.com/products/prodspmop.htm

You may want to get with your vendor if that is the printer. I remember having issues with that printer connecting to a WinMobile BT device also.
I don't ever remember getting our iDevices connected to it and our developers could never quite figure out what was wrong.

Last edited:
OP
J

jlhales

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear Richard,

Yes. I do mean the Epson TM T88V POS Printer. We certainly have a bluetooth model here in Switzerland. There is no discovery of the device with the iPad2 and iOS 5.01 but my windows 7 desktop discovers the device but does not connect. I want to use the iPad 2 as part of a POS system in the cloud. Do you have any suggestions even if it costs money.

kristinattu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Someone else will hopefully correct me if I am wrong about this, but from what I have read, not all wireless printers are considered Air Printers (which is what ipads can find). If your printer is wireless but is not an Air Printer, then there are apps that claim to allow you to print to all wireless printers. Some are as cheap as $2.99, but many that I saw were in the $5-10 range. I haven't used any and my printer is recognized fine by my ipad, so I cannot make any claims to the effectiveness of such apps.

OP
J

jlhales

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes you are correct not all wireless printers work with airprint and the epson TM T88V POS printer is one that certainly does not work with airprint. Does anybody know a printing app that may work with the epson TM T88V Bluetooth POS printer?

Most reactions

Latest posts