What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Engraving

skrat982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Certainly not a big issue, but I wonder if engraving will be available for direct orders as is the case with the iPods. Kind of like having my name and phone number on the back of my "touch." I haven't seen this information anywhere.

OP
S

skrat982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Obviousley a silly question on my part. If I had done a little more homework, I would have been aware of the aluminum!!! thanks for your response.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Abble as they use laser engraving that will change nothing ... but the point is you have to choose a sentence can permit you to resell it or use it after (in case if you separate with you're GF :) )

But i believe we will have this possibility but after the big rush like for the Ipod touch

Finnedog

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The way Apple is going to handle the battery replacement, ie just replace the whole iPad engraving does not seem to be very practical.

How long will a battery last 1 -2 years?? What are they going to do with John Doe 1111 Main Street [email protected] on the back????

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Iapd engraving

The way Apple is going to handle the battery replacement, ie just replace the whole iPad engraving does not seem to be very practical.

How long will a battery last 1 -2 years?? What are they going to do with John Doe 1111 Main Street [email protected] on the back????

same as they do with the ipod engraved

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If they offered engraving, at least right now, it would add a week or so to everyone's order.

CLD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Laser engraving can be done easilly on the aluminum cover of the iPad, I own a laser engraving business and it can be done, you can engrave anodized aluminum, but not bare aluminum, the ipad back case is anodized and it can be engraved, I own an iPad but even owning the ipad and the laser engraver Im scared of damaging the back :)

im still deciding what graphic and informatikn Im going to put in but I will do it soon and post pictures.

brandonhd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Laser engraving can be done easilly on the aluminum cover of the iPad, I own a laser engraving business and it can be done, you can engrave anodized aluminum, but not bare aluminum, the ipad back case is anodized and it can be engraved, I own an iPad but even owning the ipad and the laser engraver Im scared of damaging the back :)

im still deciding what graphic and informatikn Im going to put in but I will do it soon and post pictures.

Defiantly post pics, would like to see that.

frank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i called apple about this .there remark was they never gave it any thougt! i then ask if i have it done some were esle would it void the war, they said yes. how ever a engraving shop will do it on a nice self stick plate frank

lab4fab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can always argue against it voiding the warranty since it is only cosmetic, same as taking a sharpie to the back of the iPad.

thehatguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.greatthreads.com
Bought a couple of the iPod Shuffles in polished stainless and had them engraved.

They did a great job.

shuffle.JPG

Most reactions

Latest posts