What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Emails won't download to server?

Black9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry if this is a silly Q, just got my replacement iPad 2 and emails that worked and downloaded fine on my old one don't work properly on the replacement!

I get a message showing up saying, they can't download to server?

Any ideas how I could resolve this, thanks.

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Black9 said:
Sorry if this is a silly Q, just got my replacement iPad 2 and emails that worked and downloaded fine on my old one don't work properly on the replacement!

I get a message showing up saying, they can't download to server?

Any ideas how I could resolve this, thanks.

are the server, username and password all correct?

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Black9 said:
Username and password are correct, I'm unsure what u mean about the server being correct?

just realised you are saying download to server, do you mean download from email server?

ISPs have their own email servers, or if you have you own personal website that provides email, then you need to use that server address

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had this earlier, check your mail settings, mine was on 200 recent messages, I changed it to 25 and they downloaded, either that or it was coincidence..

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you using POP or IMAP protocol to download mail? If you're using IMAP you might want to check the authentication settings and port numbers are the same as you had on your iPad1.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts