What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email

TheJustPull

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For some reason I can't use the stock email on my iPad 3... I keep getting an invalid password message when I know it's right. It works with the gmail app though, but the tinkerer in me wants to figure out why I can't get it to recognize it and work right

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
For some reason I can't use the stock email on my iPad 3... I keep getting an invalid password message when I know it's right. It works with the gmail app though, but the tinkerer in me wants to figure out why I can't get it to recognize it and work right

You Internet Service Provider would normally process your emails re the inbuilt iPad "Mail" app. Check the correctness of account settings (user name, password) by tapping "Settings" , then "Mail, Contact, Calendars" and check it's what your ISP needs to send you the emails. Your Gmail app may not have the same account settings.
Regards, Andrew

OP
T

TheJustPull

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The OB said:
You Internet Service Provider would normally process your emails re the inbuilt iPad "Mail" app. Check the correctness of account settings (user name, password) by tapping "Settings" , then "Mail, Contact, Calendars" and check it's what your ISP needs to send you the emails. Your Gmail app may not have the same account settings.
Regards, Andrew

Not really sure where I would do this at. I have time Warner cable.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not really sure where I would do this at. I have time Warner cable.

On your iPad in Settings>Mail you will see who is recorded as your ISP (in small print "For Mail and Notes"). Make sure Mail is "On" and that you have keyed in the correct mail settings provided by your ISP when you first set up your Account. Hope this helps.
Regards, Andrew

OP
T

TheJustPull

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The OB said:
On your iPad in Settings>Mail you will see who is recorded as your ISP (in small print "For Mail and Notes"). Make sure Mail is "On" and that you have keyed in the correct mail settings provided by your ISP when you first set up your Account. Hope this helps.
Regards, Andrew

I couldn't find this but I just deleted all my email accounts and re-added. I think the issue was I used to have a mobile verification required on my gmail account.

Most reactions

Latest posts