What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email

Roadkilled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm not even sure if this is a problem but would like to resolve it either way.

If I receive an email on my iPad I can still get it on my iPhone and on my laptop running outlook.

But if I get an email on the laptop I can't receive the same one on any of my portables.

Is there a setting on outlook that i can change

Jon

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, you can

I have my iPad, iPhone, and Mac Book Pro set up to read all of my seven email accounts remotely. Only my desktop at home automatically downloads e-mail when it is received, removing it from the ISP servers. I can read that on my iThings anytime until I download. My GMX, Gmail, Hotmail, and Yahoo accounts all store the mail on their servers forever.

It all depends on how you set things up.

OP
R

Roadkilled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have my iPad, iPhone, and Mac Book Pro set up to read all of my seven email accounts remotely. Only my desktop at home automatically downloads e-mail when it is received, removing it from the ISP servers. I can read that on my iThings anytime until I download. My GMX, Gmail, Hotmail, and Yahoo accounts all store the mail on their servers forever.

It all depends on how you set things up.

Hi thanks for your response, do you know how to stop outlook d/l the email from the ISP and just reading it?

Jon

ajricaud

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using Win7 mail, but I seem to recall that Outlook is similar. Try opening Outlook, go to "Accounts", "Advanced". Toward the bottom under "Delivery" there is a box next to "Leave a copy of messages on server". Click on the little box and it will put a check mark in it. Hit "apply" and you should be ready to go.

OP
R

Roadkilled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using Win7 mail, but I seem to recall that Outlook is similar. Try opening Outlook, go to "Accounts", "Advanced". Toward the bottom under "Delivery" there is a box next to "Leave a copy of messages on server". Click on the little box and it will put a check mark in it. Hit "apply" and you should be ready to go.

Fantastic, thank you ajricaud. Will give that a go right now.

Jon

OP
R

Roadkilled

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Yes that's got it, thanks so much mate

Most reactions

Latest posts