What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

email push

justinboyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can someone explain this to me? My email doesn't seem to "push" and I have to open the mail app to get the notifications, the fetch new data push is on. The "when push is off" setting is set to manually, is that the problem? But push is on so I'm lost.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you set your GMail up using the default method, it is IMAP but will not push. Some IMAP setups are push, but for some reason GMail is not.

If you set it up according to these instructions it will be Exchange, and will use Push. Setting up Google Sync with your iOS device - Google Mobile Help

It is unlikely you have set your GMail up as POP. It isn't something you're likely to do by accident.

While turing Push on is necessary, in order to check the settings for individual accounts you have to go further in, to the Advanced settings, and check each account. The possible settings are Push, Fetch, Manual. Not all of them are available for every account.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts