What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email programme upside down!!

LizB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apologies if this has already been asked, I'm new here and have searched but found nothing.

My email programme is currently fixed, upside down, and will not re-orient itself no matter how often I shake or turn the iPad around. Right now, my iPad is landscape, slightly raised on a fold-back cover, with the action button on the left. If I swap to email, it will be upside down.

I've probably done something daft, and if that's the case please tell me kindly!

Thanks in anticipation of help :)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If everything else on your iPad rotates properly - then the Mail app is probably just gotten "stuck" (which is a technical term for "it's doing something it shouldn't" :)). So, try closing the Mail app down completely and see if that fixes it. To do (apologies if you already know):

Double tap the Home button (or do a 4-finger swipe up) to reveal a row of icons in the multi-tasking bar. Press and hold an icon until they all start to wiggle and you see a red circle with a minus sign ("-") in the top left. Press the minus sign to fully close the app. Don't worry, it won't remove the app from your iPad, just from the iPad's resident memory.

If all your apps don't rotate, or if this solution doesn't work - please holler back and we'll take another shot at it.

Marilyn

OP
LizB

LizB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MANY thanks Marilyn, you've solved the problem & taught me something new as well!

Much appreciated.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hurray! Glad to be of help and glad it worked.

And, thanks for coming back and telling us your problem got resolved. Always nice to hear back - especially the success stories. :)

Marilyn

Most reactions