What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email problem?

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My email says my username/password is incorrect and logged in to the computer to check email and said someone tried to hack my emails and required a new password. I set a new password on my computer and works but when I set up the new password on my iPad, it's still saying incorrect username/password, same thing on my iPhone. What can I do to fix this? thanks

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My email says my username/password is incorrect and logged in to the computer to check email and said someone tried to hack my emails and required a new password. I set a new password on my computer and works but when I set up the new password on my iPad, it's still saying incorrect username/password, same thing on my iPhone. What can I do to fix this? thanks

Try to
Clear the multitask bar
Restart your iPad
Reset your iPad (press Home and Power button until Apple logo appears)

Delete the email account and set it up again.

neenaiphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
try clearing the cache and see if it works it could be a problem with the authentication settings. If someone is trying to get hands on your password try using a antivirus app like norton or avg.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would try J.A.'s last suggestion above: delete the mail account(s) from the iPad and then re-enter them. This'll start you over fresh and, it should work.

Good luck.

Marilyn

Most reactions