What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email alerts, etc...

ohwell8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1. I have the USA Today app and I guess whe I set it up I did something that sends me notifications, sound and banner. How do I cut it off please?

2. Is there a way to get sound alerts when email is received even if you're not in the email module? Let's say I'm working a crossword and I get an email. The only way I know if I have mail is go to mail and check.

Thanks...

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ohwell8 said:
1. I have the USA Today app and I guess whe I set it up I did something that sends me notifications, sound and banner. How do I cut it off please?

2. Is there a way to get sound alerts when email is received even if you're not in the email module? Let's say I'm working a crossword and I get an email. The only way I know if I have mail is go to mail and check.

Thanks...

Both email a d USA today alerts can be toggled on and off from Setting/Notifications. You will see a list of apps including email and USA today. Change the Settings for each as desired.

This info presumes you are at version 5.1 or higher of iOS.

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Go to settings, then notifications and find USA Today and turn off everything. Check all items to see how they are set and turn on or off to your preference. Mail sounds are set in the sound settings.

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I prefer not to have sounds but if I have checked my mail and start using another app mail will show a badge when I have new mail. Just try having a sound notice and see.

Most reactions

Latest posts