What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weird alert

Elephant

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, so last night at I think about 1 am my iPad makes a very weird noise. I went to settings then sounds and found out the sound came from the sent email alert (the alert i set it to is suspense btw). But the weird thing is I didn't even send an email! What is this?

OP
Elephant

Elephant

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can someone tell me if this is in the wrong forum. Sorry if it is I thought it should be in help.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There are two email sound settings, one for sent and one for received. Normally they are set to Swoosh for sent and (I don't remember because I turned it off) for received.

If the sound you heard was set for sent, and only sent, then it probably means an email you tried to send earlier was sitting in the Outbox waiting for a good connection. Or if it was an email with a large attachment, the iPad finally finished sending it.

Hold in mind you can initiate emails not only from the Mail app, but from other apps as well. For instance, if you sent a photo (or photos) to someone from the Photos app it may have taken a while to finish sending. A slow internet connection will do this. Also, if you spent most of the day off line, or on a 3G connection, the emails may have been delayed getting sent.

If you are curious:

Open your Mail and view it in Landscape. Tap the Mailbox button above the email list. Keep tapping it (if necessary) until you see two lists, one with your Inboxes and the other with your accounts. Open the account and look in the Sent folder. The email that just got sent should be on top (or near the top if you've sent more since).

Most reactions

Latest posts